Greater Manchester, England
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
25 days ago
Morson are working in exclusive partnership with Amey Engineering Consulting. We are recruiting for a number of exciting opportunities, to work on high profile key projects within their Highway's Division.
The account has a significant forward work programme of projects including:
- Highway structural maintenance schemes
- Highway drainage improvement schemes
- Maintenance and improvement of highway structures
- Integrated transport, public realm and road safety improvement schemes
- Traffic management schemes
- Greater Manchester Mayor's Cycling and Walking Challenge Fund projects
- Highway improvements funded through developer contributions
- Carrington Relief Road
What is the purpose of the role?
To fulfil a managing role within the Traffic design team.
What makes the role unique?
This is an excellent opportunity to assist the Principal Engineer with leading the Traffic design team working on a varied range of highways and public realm projects.
Key responsibilities are:
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Assist with the development, management and undertaking of Road Safety Audits
- Plan and prioritise own activities to ensure effective utilisation of time
- Undertake technical design work including the production of electronic drawings using AutoCAD and other related software.
- Resolve problems and issues to support the delivery of projects or design objectives
- Take ownership of and resolve problems by leading the team when required
- Provide technical administrative support including project administration
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external business partners, customers and clients
- Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team
- Assist less experienced colleagues ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards
- Take ownership of personal development in order to build professional capability
Who are we looking for?
You will have attained an HNC/BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or similar and be working towards Chartership status of the Institution of Civil Engineers / Institution of Highways and Transportation or similar.
The applicant will need to demonstrate they have the key skills / knowledge in the following areas:
- Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Design experience within a traffic engineering environment
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD/KeyLines to produce technical drawings
- Experience of traffic sign design and use of KeySign/KeyPost
- Knowledge of relevant design standards including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Awareness of contract documents and procedures including the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works
- Knowledge and experience of CDM regulations and other health and safety legislation
- Experience of undertaking Road Safety Audits and developing procedures
- Knowledge of QM and EMS processes
- Experience of writing traffic regulation orders
- Experience of designing a variety of schemes; cycling, traffic calming, priority working, minor highways, bus lanes etc.
- Extensive experience of undertaking consultation with residents/businesses, stakeholders, councillors and other third parties
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including the Road Traffic Regulation Act; the Local Authorities Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations; The Traffic Management Act; the Highways Act and the Highways (Road Humps) Regulations
- Play a supporting role to the Principal Engineer
- Ability to undertake all activities to produce schemes through to detailed design
- Ability to work to tight timescales and budgets
- Team player
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and enthusiastic in approach
- Developing and motivating self and others
- Well organised
- High level of computer literacy including competency in the use of AutoCAD, KeySign, KeyLine, KeyPost, Microsoft Office
- Building excellent customer and client relationships