Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
about 2 months ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Senior Civil Engineer, the role is Working from home.
Reporting to a Senior Asset Engineer leading the Structures Examination Reviewing Team (Part of NW&C Rail Asset Management Team) you will be responsible for:
· The review of examination reports in accordance with functional policy, systems and standards and confirming recommendations for action to safely and sustainably manage the assets.
· Assessing risks of defects to inform prioritised actions, comments and other issues raised in the reports, in accordance with standards and functional policy.
· Monitor and evaluate asset condition as part of the steady state asset management process and following improvement works.
· Liaise with the other structures teams to develop and disseminate asset knowledge, consistent best practice and in the review and development of functional policy and standards.
· Determine mitigation actions necessary to reduce the impact of adverse weather on the performance of structures assets.
· Maintain structures asset data and information within the company systems and processes.
· Provide engineering support and participate in investigations of incidents relating to structures.
Key skills and experience required Desirable requirement for the role:-
STE2 Competent to Network Rail Standard NR/SP/CTM/017
and / or
An Engineer with a Degree or equivalent, preferably a Member of a relevant professional institution, such as Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institute of Structural Engineers (IStructE). Substantial experience of railway civil engineering, including structures, maintenance and inspection is essential, as is a sound knowledge of structures engineering policies and standards. You'll also need an understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques and the communication skills to confidently interact with a diverse workforce.