Up to £42 per hour
17 days ago
We are currently working with a well-established engineering consultancy who require the services of a Senior Civil Engineer to join their utilities team. As an engineer you will be required to deliver detailed designs for the utility elements of their HS2 project.
Their HS2 team are based out of offices in Birmingham, however this role is primarily home-based.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Deliver detailed designs for utilities elements of their HS2 project.
- Delivery of allocated technical outputs for project related assignments, work elements, work packages and other design activities
- Undertaking technical design tasks in accordance with the HS2 project requirements and quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Provision of Civil Engineering design inputs/outputs for infrastructure type work (e.g water, power, gas and telecoms diversion work for the HS2 project).
- Checking / vetting all designs before issue
- Maintain good relationships with Client's key representatives and contribute to internal and project deadlines
- Design management, team leadership/mentoring and client relationship skills
- Relevant engineering degree; post-graduate qualifications an advantage
- Extensive post-graduate experience, focusing on utility infrastructure design,
- You must be a Chartered Civil Engineer with experience in the water and/or energy industry
- Application of British and European Standards and codes of practice
- Have a sound knowledge of the industry, knowledge of managing and maintaining infrastructure assets and have up to date on knowledge of environmental and sustainability issues
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Well-developed outline, feasibility, and detailed design skills
- Ability to deliver quality outputs and meet project deadlines effectively
- Practical knowledge of Civils 3D would be an advantage
- Practical knowledge of horizontal directional drilling and pipe jacking
For more information on this role, please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516.