Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Up to £42.00 per hour
8 months ago
Senior Civil / Structural Engineer - RES Programmes (Saudi Arabia)
Morson have an exciting opportunity for a contractor to join a leading defence company on an initial 12-month contract supporting projects at their office in Saudi Arabia. Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £42.30 LTD per Hour
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Our client is seeking a talented Civil / Structural Engineer to join their multi-disciplinary team, working primarily on KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) projects in support of their facilities programmes. This role is permanently based in Riyadh and the job holder will work under the direction of the UK based facilities team to support KSA projects locally.
The applicant should have a minimum of 5 years practical experience within a design consultancy or contractor environment. The role includes working with clients and stakeholders to turn requirements into concept and developed designs, the production of concept / developed design documentation, liaising with our customers and contractors, reviewing third party design and construction drawings and material specifications, executing technical site surveys and writing reports. The successful applicant will have great interpersonal skills and be prepared to work as part of a high performing team to deliver construction projects and to ensure the correct Engineering governance is applied through the project lifecycle.
This is a 12-month contract position with the option to extend. The KSA working week is 45 hours. Free accommodation is included in our client's compound which has a wide range of facilities. A monthly flight allowance will also be provided. The job holder will be allowed up to 8 weeks annual leave (unpaid) if required.
Business visas will be provided and it is the job holder's responsibility to ensure they leave KSA every 30 days to re-activate the visa.
* Chartered Engineer ECUK Status or Actively working towards.
* Degree Qualified in a Civil or Structural discipline.
* NEBOSH or other industry recognised safety qualification is desirable.
* A minimum of 5 years post-graduate work experience within the construction industry.
* Experience in the design and specification of Civil & Structural elements and the ability to produce technical construction drawings and details
* Experience of structural design in concrete and steel to British Standards/ Euro codes is essential.
* Good level of general IT computer skills including MS Word, Excel etc.
* Previous experience of working in the defence sector or on KSA / RSAF Sites would be desirable.
* Report to the RES UK Principal Civil / Structural Engineer and operate under his direction.
* Operate as RES Programmes In-Kingdom Civil / Structural Engineer and act as customer interface for all Civil & Structural Engineering matters.
* Interpret customer technical requirements and develop them into concept / developed design documents including detailed drawings.
* Carry out site surveys, condition surveys of existing buildings and write up survey reports.
* Carry out technical review of contractor's design drawings and documents for accuracy and compliance with requirements and specification.
* Work with the Project Management function on various projects to provide Civil & Structural input and support to projects as required.
* Manage own workload under minimal supervision to meet project deadlines.
* Attend Engineering and project meetings, input Civil & Structural support and manage actions arising.
* Contribute to the Engineering Lifecycle (ELC) process, Risk Management, Safety, Health & the Environment (SHE), Product Safety and wider project issues as directed.