City of London, London
8 months ago
Senior CFD Engineer
Salary £ Competitive
Perm or Contract - Optional
We a currently looking to recruit a Principal CFD Engineer for our O&G client who are a multi-discipline engineering consultancy servicing the oil and gas industry. The role is to fulfil requirements for advanced simulation services, with main focus on CFD, for various industry applications subsea, topsides, onshore/offshore.
* Participate to CFD/Simulation project delivery under supervision of Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
* Participate to development of simulation/CFD models, QA checking, simulation runs and postprocessing of the results.
* Participate in report compilation, study presentations and production of technical deliverables.
* Participate in responses to technical queries.
If required, act as a technical lead on project execution/delivery.
Perform CFD simulations and other dynamic simulations and participate in execution of engineering studies (work under supervision of a lead engineer or with minimum supervision depending on the experience).
* Using proprietary software tools (preferred Ansys CFX/Fluent and FLACS) or other software tools or in-house developed software.
* Performing engineering calculations on fluid flows, conjugate thermal exchange, gas dispersion, hydrocarbon cloud explosion and blast analysis and similar.
* Production of technical notes for reporting of study results.
* Presentation of findings.
* If required, leading discipline personnel assigned to a project.
Typical background and experience required:
* Relevant Engineering degree or equivalent.
* Experience depending on the grade (minimum 2-3 years' experience), mostly in simulation services, preferably in the upstream oil & gas business.
* Proven experience in CFD with master user level on at least one commercial package (e.g. Ansys Fluent/CFX, FLACS, etc).
Nice to have:
- Experience with different CFD software tools.
- Experience with industry recognised simulation tools like Hysys and OLGA.
- Experience with FEA using Ansys or other software tools.
Proven skills in analytical calculations and hand-made estimates.
The job holder must have proven:
* Experience in CFD subjects being a master user of at least one commercial CFD software tool.
* Knowledge of numerical methods and simulation techniques.
* Good computer literacy.
* Full command of English language written and spoken.
* Analytical and judgmental skills to find and implement proactive solutions.
* Ability to work as a member of team or stand-alone with minimum supervision for delivery of projects.
Demonstrates the following technical competencies:
* Oil and gas industry background
* Background in simulations with main focus in CFD.
* Knowledge of thermodynamic fluid properties & phase behavior.
* Knowledge of heat transfer and thermal exchange phenomena.
* Knowledge of momentum transfer phenomena in compressible and incompressible media.
* Knowledge of design issues for oil and gas processing facilities.
To apply, please forward your CV