Prestwick, South Ayrshire
£15.00 - £20.00 per hour + negotiable
13 days ago
Senior Buyers with Manufacturing and / or Facilities Management experience required to implement the procurement strategy, lead negotiations with the supply base to reduce the overall costs of bought in materials and ensure flow down of customer Business Agreements across multiple suppliers is embedded and managed
* To manage a number of high value strategic suppliers
* To monitor the overall performance of the supply base and produce clear management information for reviews
* To develop and improve performance of the key suppliers with regard to cost, quality, other contract terms and service
* Conduct competitive and non competitive supplier selection dependant on strategic requirements
* Lead supplier assessment activities and supplier development plans as part of multi functional team
* Support supplier transfer management requirements
* Produce development plans for multiple suppliers which set targets for improvement against our business requirements
* To be used as a point of escalation in giving assistance in resolving critical shortages impacting the build schedule
* Provide the team with a clear process in order to analyse the supply base & identify opportunities for rationalisation
* Conduct resourcing where necessary to secure lowest cost of supply
* To lead strategic reviews and business readiness assessments with suppliers and provide outputs on financial status, growth and risks
* To issue I.T.T's Request for Proposals (RFP's) as required for new business requirement and for expiring contracts
* Maintain an awareness of current contract law
* Ensure appropriate contractual coverage with each and every supplier
* Identify, manage and escalate as required any potential supplier risks
* Maintain an awareness of the critical exchange rates and highlight any significant movements
* Ensure involvement in the introduction of new parts and identify any risks to the production plan
* Ensure that the Procurement team keep abreast of the engineering changes and modifications. Ensure that the cost impact is minimised whilst meeting customer demand
* Clear invoice, queries promptly
* Through supplier management activities, lead Procurement exit strategies / introduction of new suppliers
* Ensure supplier capacity & capability information is accurate and topical identifying potential risks and mitigation opportunities
* Input and presentation at customer rate readiness reviews on supply base rate capability
* Manage cost per aircraft information mitigation any risk to pricing through negotiation
* Interface with corporate and support the business on supplier strategy and tendering activities
* Understand and identify customer requirements and support interface at all levels to ensure that proactive performance is delivered by strategic suppliers/services base
* Develop SLA's and monitor / analyse delivery, quality, cost and performance against them to meet Business needs.
* Apply Customer Satisfaction ratings to Product Suppliers and Service Providers, and deliver appropriate performance improvements.
* Manage expectations in respect of delivered performance.
* Ensure SAP is maintained and reflective of current supplier and pricing information
* Present team inputs to monthly team review process and provide data for monthly CSR
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Good experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management (several years experience)
* Working towards CIPS (or equivalent)
* Graduate / HND or equivalent qualification or experience
* Good communications skills
* Understanding of project management
* Good IT. skills
* Using knowledge and experience to promote and process improvements
* Understanding of contract law / customs regulations
* Understanding of financial management basics (P&L's and Balance Sheets etc)
* Good commercial and financial awareness
* Good Relationship management Skills internal and external)
Decision Making Authority
* Operates at a higher level within the supply base. (i.e. more complex suppliers)
* Will have management responsibility for managing a portfolio of suppliers including pricing and commercial management.
* Conducts strategic reviews with suppliers and will ensure risks and opportunities are effectively managed.
* Accountable for raising purchase orders and ensuring contractual spend is managed effectively.
* PAL limit up to £250K.
* May supervise purchasing engineers as deemed necessary and take lead role in management of non recurring activities.
* Decisions that impact strategy or business activities must be authorised by manager