£22.62 - £25 per hour + PAYE or Umbrella company
0161 707 1516
2 months ago
Senior Buyers with extensive Indirect Procurement experience ideally with an aerospace/automotive/construction/ defence or nuclear background required to manage the end to end procurement process of Construction and Plant & Equipment projects for our client BAE Systems across various sites within England and Wales. Although for the immediate future this will involve remote working candidates will need to be prepared to work in one of the following locations - Glascoed (S.Wales), Radway Green (Crewe), Samlesbury/Warton (Lancashire) or Washington (Tyne and Wear) as the work will return to site as and when possible this is unlikely to be before Q1 2022/Q4 2021.
These projects typically include; key infrastructure upgrades, utilities installation & removal, building refurbishments, office accommodation upgrades, introduction of manufacturing plant & equipment and site rationalisation work.
Typically this will involve working with multiple stakeholders including; engineers, budget holders, SMEs, external suppliers, contractors and consultancies in order to devise and execute a suitable procurement strategy & implement contract documents.
Roles & responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Liaise with key stakeholders to determine product and service needs
- Lead the process for undertaking market surveys of potential suppliers
- Lead the process to prepare and issue pre-qualification documents
- Assess the commercial status of potential suppliers including use of external financial advisers where appropriate
- Prepare & issue reports outlining recommendations for the use of potential suppliers
- Lead the process for supplier de-briefs
- Where required undertake visits to assess potential suppliers
- Corroborate the commercial and procurement aspects of business cases for proposed investments
- Help devise procurement strategies and contracting routes
- Prepare & maintain procurement plans
- Attend & support project reviews
- Assist suppliers to register & use e-RFX systems
- Provide commercial advice on scopes of work & schedules of service prepared by others
- Prepare & collate RFP packs (in conjunction with our professional advisers where necessary)
- Develop assessment criteria to be utilised to select the successful bid
- Issue tenders using e-RFX systems
- Ensure tenders are run in accordance with the appropriate governance guidelines
- Respond to tender queries as received from bidders
- Manage tender returns in accordance with appropriate governance guidelines
- Undertake commercial assessment (in conjunction with our professional advisers where necessary - on larger projects a QS may lead the commercial tender assessment)
- Prepare commercial recommendations for the award of contracts (in conjunction with our professional advisors where necessary)
- In conjunction with the wider team, debrief unsuccessful tenderers
- Prepare contract documents contracts (in conjunction with our professional advisors where necessary)
- Lead / assist in contract & price negotiations
- Ensure contract documents are stored correctly in accordance with governance procedures
- Obtain quotations for low value purchases where necessary
- Produce and issue purchase orders in line with construction programming
- Assist in the resolution of invoice queries
- Attend site meetings &/or provide commercial advice during the course of a contract as required.
- Monitor that variations to contract are managed correctly (in conjunction with our professional advisors where necessary)
- Agree the final account & negotiate with the contractor (in conjunction with our professional advisors, if necessary)
- Undertake audits of suppliers & contractors
- Ensure that forms of contract and special conditions are maintained up to date & incorporate any periodically published changes (In conjunction with our Legal advisors)
- Support the resolution of any disputes or claims that may arise during or after a contract, including the engagement of legal support as required
- Provide management reports as required for specific projects & overall workload
- Actively identify and deliver savings in support of the Indirect Procurement Services Value Proposition
The Successful Applicant:
You will be a buyer/senior buyer with a track record of both developing and implementing procurement strategies ideally relating to Construction and/or Plant & Equipment projects alongside the following:
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to manage contracts including contract negotiation
- Supplier Management
- Experience working in a similar position or a related degree
- Experience within construction and/or plant & equipment categories - preferred
- Good understanding of construction or engineering processes
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met
- Experience with Word and Excel software
- Comfortable in a fast paced commercial environment
- Ability to read, understand and abstract technical information from drawings and specifications to procure materials, equipment and services
- Knowledge/ experience of JCT/ NEC contracts, COM (Construction Design Management) Regulations and RIBA plan of works - preferred
- Experience of appointing and working with consultants, including Quantity Surveyors, Architects, Mechanical & Electrical Designers and COM / Principle Designers - preferred
Additional attributes also include:
Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures
Strategic Planning Abilities,
Accreditation by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
Due to the volume of CVs received if you have not had a response within 48 hours please take it that your application will not be progressed.
Candidates without indirect procurement experience will not be considered.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.