13 days ago
Careers at Morson
Title: Senior Buyer - Hard FM
Salary: Competitive Salary
Our client are looking for a Senior Buyer - Hard FM to add value to their procurement function.
The role covers all commercial aspects of the acquisition of goods and services within a given category of send across at a specific European operating site Senior Buyers will be responsible for the implementation of strategic sourcing and supplier management activities to deliver in year value as well as using knowledge of local needs and supplier capabilities to contribute to the development of long range category plans developed using standard company tools and communicated through the appropriate governance models.
Savings delivery is a critical component of the role and Senior Buyers will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of reporting and management of value outlooks in standard company reporting tools. Senior Buyers will collaborate with project specific stakeholders to ensure change management is efficient and effective to guarantee sustainable value delivery.
Change management is a key challenge in the role and Senior Buyers must have expert influencing and negotiation skills alongside key technical competencies relating to procurement transactional planning, commercial contract management and supplier relationship management. Senior Buyers will provide the first line of supplier performance management activities to ensure sustainable and secure supply of goods and services to support ongoing safe and effective operation of facilities.
- Support the development of medium to long term category plans which define how the business will enjoy sustainable value delivery (lower costs, mitigated risk, supply surety) through detailed understanding of business requirements, supply market dynamics and TCO impacts. This will be specific to the Facilities Management category,
- Publication of an agreed category plan and pipeline of projects detailing the delivery of short- and medium-term value
- Delivery of the annual Procurement Value Plan through delivery of projects included in the category plan and support to business partner nominated projects to meet site needs.
- €'s value delivered in line with standard methodologies
- Active contribution to the ongoing development of functional capabilities to ensure value delivery is sustainable in the long term and functional effectiveness and efficiencies is improved on a continual basis.
- Achievement of personal objectives and delivery of projects as defined in the functional development plan and PMS
- Work with Business Partners and senior leaders to identify and drive savings and performance improvement. Manage Business Partner Relationship to ensure needs are fully met and change management is efficient and effective
- Business Partner Measures of Success
- Develop and plan supplier relationship and contract management to ensure suppliers meet their contractual obligations, and the value expected from a contract is fully delivered throughout the life-cycle.
- €'s delivered via non-price saving levers
- Undertake commercial negotiations with relevant suppliers and liaise with stakeholders and legal to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk. Negotiations will be for all operating and buying sites
- Ensure accuracy of data and documentation recorded in key systems to enable compliance and adherence to policies as well as enable efficient P2P processing
- Full compliance with Procurement processes via random audit findings reporting
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree (or equivalent)
- CIPS qualification (or equivalent)
- Strategic thinking and the ability to analyse suitability of procurement levers to build a robust category plan
- Negotiation skills
- Stakeholder management and relationship building
- P2P Process knowledge
- Robust communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of SAP Procurement modules
- Contract Law knowledge and understanding of contractual risk
- Experience in sourcing, negotiation, and management of spend categories
- A proven track record of working with senior stakeholders is essential,
- Experience working across multiple sites would be an advantage
For further information please apply online or contact Jack Dawkins -