Liverpool, Merseyside, N. W. England, England
£34000 - £40000 per annum
7 months ago
The Commercial Agreements Manager (CAM) will be responsible for the day to day management and growth of Construction related Commercial Agreement(s). Commercial Agreement management activities will include the support of the overall Category Strategy and business case for your allocated Commercial Agreements.
Typical tasks include the launch of commercial agreements through to expiry and/or replacement to enhance the customer Experience developing communications plans the commercial management and compliance to the agreement terms drive the on boarding of new customers management of suppliers on the Commercial Agreements. Most importantly the CAM will focus on implementing and supporting initiatives to retain and grow spend, drive value and deliver commercial benefits with customers and improve service quality.
The post may have some line management responsibility to support and develop your direct reports.
Desirable Criteria & skillset:
* A successful track record of working in the Construction Industry, supporting the development of construction related category strategies.
* Ability to work with strong stakeholder groups and influencing demonstrating an in depth understanding of the construction market and the typical forms of contract used e.g. NEC, JCT, PPC2000
* The ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with key stakeholders, both internal and external to drive innovation and value for money solutions.
* Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence and persuade at the highest level.
* Experience / knowledge of procurement practices in the public sector
* Demonstrable experience in owning the relationship with the Construction Suppliers, to improve performance across the whole supply chain, including identification and delivery of commercial benefits and innovation opportunities
* Support the design of end to end supply chains identifying Total Cost of Ownership and supplier associations across multi-tier suppliers and identify improvement opportunities
* Support risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans to address identified risks. Ensure issues are fed back into Category strategies and where appropriate into the supplier business reviews.
* Hold, or working towards, MRICS and/or MCIPS accreditation.
* Manage and Lead a positive health, safety and environment culture, offering improvement suggestions and participating in review of work practices and procedures
* In- depth Construction Category Management knowledge that has delivered outstanding value for money and strong Commercial outcomes.
* Understanding of the latest Construction Category Management methodology and ability to stay abreast of latest Construction Management market trends.
* Proven experience in managing stakeholders, demonstrating strong communication and listening skills.
* Evidence of the ability to identify process improvements and successfully manage changes that deliver great Commercial outcomes.
* Strong leadership capability, being able to illustrate how to successfully lead a team or manage a project.