Job Title: Senior Buyer – Capital Projects
Location: Capenhurst (Hybrid)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £58,000
About the Company:
Our client is a major global player in the nuclear industry operating on a UK nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services. They are committed to providing a flexible and hybrid working culture for everyone whilst actively seeking ways of working that allow people to grow and thrive in their roles. Our client offers excellent employment conditions such as a generous annual leave allowance and company pension scheme. Inclusion and Diversity is essential to them being able to best serve our business and strive to ensure that no one is treated inappropriately or disrespectfully at the workplace.
Our client is committed to Best Practice in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Black, minority ethnic, disabled and female candidates are currently underrepresented within the Procurement team and are particularly encouraged to apply so we have the widest pool to choose the most suitable candidate from.
- The role covers all commercial aspects of the acquisition of goods and services within a given category of spend for a specific operating site, or group sites depending on the agreed category plan.
- Senior Buyers will be responsible for the implementation of strategic sourcing and supplier management activities to deliver in year value as well as using knowledge of local needs and supplier capabilities to contribute to the development of long range facilities maintenance category plans developed using standard company tools and communicated through the appropriate governance models. Savings delivery is a critical component of the role and Senior Buyers will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of reporting and management of value outlooks in standard company reporting tools.
- Senior Buyers will collaborate with project specific stakeholders to ensure change management is efficient and effective to guarantee sustainable value delivery.
- Change management is a key challenge in the role and Senior Buyers must have expert influencing and negotiation skills alongside key technical competencies relating to procurement transactional planning, commercial contract management and supplier relationship management.
- Maximise leverage opportunities with existing Urenco relationships, especially in relation to core process technology suppliers.
- Providing project management of the end to end strategic sourcing process and coordination of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Set negotiation strategies and undertake commercial and contractual negotiations with suppliers.
- Plan and undertake supplier relationship and contract management to ensure service of suppliers meets their contractual obligations, and the value expected from a contract is fully delivered throughout the lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain a real time view on the supply market and foster improved relationships between Urenco and key suppliers.
- Degree (or equivalent)
- CIPS qualification (or equivalent)
- 2~4 Years Tactical Buying experience
- Experience in sourcing, negotiation, and management of spend categories
- A proven track record of working with senior stakeholders
- Large complex capital projects procurement experience (€100m+)
- Large project coordination experience
- The salary will be dependent on experience. Annual pay reviews are conducted
- Healthy Work-life Balance; The Company encourages all employees to effectively balance their work with their outside life. We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer a generous annual leave entitlement. The annual leave allowance is 27 days.
- In addition, you will be able to accrue 13 Additional Days Off (ADOs) to be used flexibly. My client also offers a full suite of family friendly policies that you would expect from a progressive employer
- Bonus; The Company operates a generous bonus scheme based on achievement of personal and company objectives
- Pension Scheme; As an employee, you will be eligible to join the Company’s Defined Contribution Pension scheme, with up to 16% employers’ contribution
- Flexible benefits package: As an employee of Urenco you will provided with core benefits such as Life assurance and Income Protection. In addition, you’ll have an opportunity to purchase additional benefits that suit your lifestyle and take advantage of tax and NI savings.
- Education & Training; We take pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating and directing your learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be offered to meet your specific needs. Supporting your learning at work is high on our agenda as it is important that the skills of our workforce meet current and future demands as well as supporting your continuing professional development