Morson is delighted to be working in partnership with a well-respected Aerospace organisation who are currently experiencing a period of ongoing growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit a Senior Buyer for an initial duration until the end of 2022. The role would be based out of their impressive operations in Filton and there is an hourly pay rate of £22.35-£24.43 PAYE on offer for the successful candidate.
Please find the role description below:
* As a Senior Buyer you’ll be accountable for local commercial management and assigned non-strategic sourcing for the geographical area under his / her responsibility.
* The Senior Buyer will oversee a geographical area normally a larger site or oversight of a cluster of smaller sites.
* The Senior Buyer will be responsible for in-contract modifications, transfers or new products; ensuring products are sourced at competitive prices in line with aerospace commodity strategy.
* Will manage supplier delivery for parts sourced as modifications, transfers or new products until FAI is achieved.
* The Senior Buyer will be responsible for the geographical area interface between programme and commodity management for new sourcing and change programmes in line with the group commodity strategy
* The Senior Buyer will Support commodity managers for the geographic region supplier selection RFQ / RFP with the use of E-Sourcing tools
* Support parts / supplier transfers and industrialisation (Major transfers)
* Responsible for parts / supplier transfers and industrialisation (Minor transfers) through to FAI
* The Senior Buy will drive implementation of global / regional agreements within geographic area
* Responsible for the transfer of parts from PO to Schedule including the negotiation of moving from Schedule to consignment / DLF etc
* Responsible for all PO demands placed upon suppliers to ensure that Key Objectives of cost, quality and delivery are secured
* Responsible for site procurement change control, export control and ITAR
* The Senior Buyer will be responsible for the delivery / maintenance / Integrity of site BOM
* Responsible for ensuring item / contract data is updated and maintained
* Responsible for the flow down of enabled customer materials, pricing and skyline forecasts to Suppliers
* The Senior Buyer will be responsible for developing and supporting site cost reduction opportunities and supplier development plans in-line with business requirements.
* Responsible for supplier risk including use of rate readiness templates and awareness of Dunn & Bradstreet for financials
* Responsible for Managing Raw Material Inventory levels for Purchase Order parts in line with programme targets and start dates.
* Responsible for the resolution of Invoice queries related to pricing
* The Senior Buyer will be an escalation point for any cost / contractual issues with Suppliers working with commodity management where further escalation is required.
For immediate consideration, Please apply now.