Title - Senior Buyer
Duration - 18-month contract
Rate - £30-35 p/h (Inside IR35)
The role covers all commercial aspects of the acquisition of goods and services within a given category of send across at a specific European operating site. Senior Buyers will be responsible for the implementation of strategic sourcing and supplier management activities to deliver in year value as well as using knowledge of local needs and supplier capabilities to contribute to the development of long range category plans developed using standard company tools and communicated through the appropriate governance models.
Savings delivery is a critical component of the role and Senior Buyers will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of reporting and management of value outlooks in standard company reporting tools.
- Support the development of medium to long term category plans which define how the company will enjoy sustainable value delivery (lower costs, mitigated risk, supply surety) through detailed understanding of business requirements, supply market dynamics and TCO impacts.
- Delivery of the annual Procurement Value Plan through delivery of projects included in the category plan and support to business partner nominated projects to meet site needs.
- Active contribution to the ongoing development of functional capabilities to ensure value delivery is sustainable in the long term and functional effectiveness and efficiency's is improved on a continual basis.
- Depending on annual capital investment or revenue budgets the dimensions of the job will vary, indicatively a senior buyer will have influence over €25-€50m
- Work with Business Partners and senior leaders to identify and drive savings and performance improvement. Manage Business Partner Relationship to ensure needs are fully met and change management is efficient and effective
- Develop and plan supplier relationship and contract management to ensure suppliers meet their contractual obligations, and the value expected from a contract is fully delivered throughout the lifecycle.
- Undertake commercial negotiations with relevant suppliers and liaise with stakeholders and legal to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk. Negotiations will be for all operating and buying sites
- Ensure accuracy of data and documentation recorded in key systems to enable compliance and adherence to policies as well as enable efficient P2P processing
- Degree (or equivalent)
- CIPS qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience in sourcing, negotiation, and management of spend categories
- A proven track record of working with senior stakeholders is essential
- Experience working across multiple sites would be an advantage
- Strategic thinking and the ability to analyse suitability of procurement levers to build a robust category plan
- Negotiation skills, change management experience
- Stakeholder management and relationship building
- P2P Process knowledge
- Robust communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of SAP Procurement modules
- Contract Law knowledge and understanding of contractual risk
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on 01617-.071-.516