£30000 - £40000 per annum
4 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting a Buyer for our Engineering client based in Derby. Within this role you will be responsible for day to day purchasing, sub-contract manufacture and proprietary purchase of goods and services in the UK and overseas territories. You will also be heavily involved in supplier negotiations and reviews.
- To purchase equipment and services to support project leaders, and internal customers as required. This process will include the preparation of enquiries, purchase orders, evaluation of bids and contractual negotiations, to optimise returns achieving/improving upon budgeted costs, ensuring 'best practice'.
- To manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery, performance, schedule and delivery.
- To negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit to the business.
- To expedite suppliers and produce regular feedback to the project team.
- To perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvements.
- To coordinate documentation approvals, submissions and monitor returns.
- To provide assistance to sales & applications department in the form of advice and estimates for costs of manufacture and shipping.
- To undertake alternative supplier evaluations in readiness for future strategic challenges, within the supply chain, when required.
- To adhere to the purchase order governance, ensuring professional consideration is given to the three key supplier/contractual characteristics.
We are keen to hear from people with previous Buyer experience ideally within engineering however other closely related sectors will be considered. MCIPS qualifications would be advantageous.
In return a highly competitive salary and benefits package is on offer.