Up to £0.00 per annum
0161 707 1516
2 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a hands on Senior Buyer to join the team with our prestigious client
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The job holder will ensure the timely availability of materials having regard for quality, technical specification, contractual conditions, inventory levels, material management and total acquisition cost.
They are responsible for the creation of Purchase Orders using the Oracle B1 procurement system and their subsequent delivery, ensuring effective supplier performance and relationship management.
The main relationships managed are with:
Suppliers, Programme managers, Accounts payable, Internal Programme procurement.
In addition the job holder will regularly interface with:
Export Control, Material Planning, Product Support/Services, Quality, Programme Finance.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Contracting/ Data Entry
* Review all procurement requisitions for conformance to Business policy's ( Task codes, due by dates, commodity codes, inclusion of quotations)
* Generate and issue Purchase orders utilising the MRPII & Procurement Systems ( Oracle B1) .
* Sign and approve purchase orders within Delegation of Authority Limits
* Ensure all PO's reflect any engineering changes, and take into account scrap, re-work and stock levels
* Follow up on POs, registering PO Acknowledgements, checking disparities and letting the Requesting Party know if necessary dealing with typical disputes with suppliers and escalating major disputes to the relevant stakeholders.
* Dealing with incidents and complaints made by Procurement Requesting Parties
* Ensuring the follow-up of export license requests for Procurement in sensitive situations
* Interface with relevant Subcontract Managers for schedule adherence.
* Interface with relevant departments to ensure overall supply requirements are met.
* Conduct all activities in accordance with Chorus processes
* Monitor open order book levels, work queues, lead time increases, unmatched invoices etc.
* Identify opportunities for process improvement and reducing time or cost of the end to end supply chain process
* Expedite all open orders to ensure on time delivery, alerting stakeholders to threats of non- performance and updating systems as necessary
* Determine and manage the export control status of incoming material including the requirement for CECC forms
* * Co-ordinate all invoice and accounts queries relating to purchase orders to assist the orderly flow of cash.
Key Performance Indicators
* PPV Savings
* Supplier Performance (Delivery/Quality)
* Requisition to Order Time
* On time to need (PO placement and supplier delivery to schedule)
* Repair / Replacement Turn Around Time
* Supplier Payment on Time
* System Lead-time maintenance and accuracy
* Inventory levels
* Computer literacy particularly with respect to MS Office packages and MRP systems.
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Customer (internal and end) focus
* An adequate, but not specialist, understanding of the technical and non-technical requirements.
* The jobholder should be delivery orientated while ensuring the budget and all contractual commitments are met.
* Stakeholder Management Skills
* Ability to build effective relationships with Suppliers
* Ethical awareness and the direct application to delivery of role.
* Proactive approach to work and problem solving
* Proven Negotiation Skills
* Technical and Supply Market knowledge of the Procurement categories relevant to the role.
* Relevant experience in procurement or supply chain/manufacturing roles
* Experienced in using MRP/ERP systems such as Oracle or SAP
* Use of Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement
Values & Behaviours:
Works fully consistently with Business Values:
* Customer Trust
* Committed to Excellence
* Developing our People
* Agile & Innovative
* One Team, One Business
Displays the following:
* Be able to solve a range of challenging operational issues and be someone who plans ahead.
* Set stretched goals for themselves and their suppliers, prepared to take risks in order to gain competitive advantage for Thales.
* Have the ability to work effectively within and across transverse teams, actively seeking synergies and sharing of best practices.
* Work collaboratively in order to enable the function to deliver to business needs.
* Display passion, energy, drive, agility and resilience in achieving ambitious targets under difficult circumstances, capitalising on lessons learned and responding positively to setbacks.
* Use full understanding of internal and external customer needs to contribute to a customer first culture.
* Understand the impact of their performance, and of their suppliers, on the Business results.
* Have a clear understanding of the global perspective relevant to their role working both within the Business and the supply market.
* Understands and applies the appropriate use of escalation in the issue resolution process.
* High standards of numeracy and literacy.
* Apprenticeship in Purchasing, Supply Chain or relevant technical field
* MCIPS Diploma Certificate (level 6), or equivalent qualifications in other disciplines.
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.