Manchester, Greater Manchester
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Location: Greater Manchester
We are supporting our global building product and technology company recruit a Senior Buyer based in Greater Manchester. The position has been designed to support the Subcontracting Procurement Manager to create and implement sourcing plans.
- Work closely with the Subcontractor Procurement Manager and key stakeholders, understanding spend requirements and negotiating prices.
- Manage commercial and contractual interactions with external suppliers.
- Implement and support the creation of key subcontractor partnership business plans based on internal requirements, supply market analysis and cost models.
- Stakeholder management: Engages, obtains sponsorship and influences senior level stakeholders.
- Supporting the Subcontracting Procurement Manager to create and implement sourcing plans
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate into sourcing strategy
- Driving contract and category negotiations across the portfolio
- Subcontractor K.P.I and S.L.A Management
- Relationship management and post-contract value creation
- Supporting the function to provide the end to end procurement process; delivering cost savings, spend under management & driving innovation
- Building & updating pipeline activity & tracking delivery against plans
- Collaborating with members of the pre-construction and construction team
- Managing all subcontractor accounts including subcontractor on boarding, evaluations and audits.
- Delivering the procurement and management of subcontract tender packages.
- Years spent in Procurement in either a Direct or Indirect role, preferably Sub-contract procurement experience.
- Proactive, adaptable & flexible approach
- Confident communicator with stakeholders at all levels
- Commercial awareness & highly numerical negotiator
- Experience within the construction industry is preferable
- Experience managing internal stakeholders, external suppliers and working to very tight deadlines
- Experience gathering and analysing data to drive category and supplier decision-making
- Experience in MS Office and Procurement processes including eProcurement suites
- Organised with attention to detail
- Ideally CIPS qualified but, not essential
- Strong analytical skills
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on 01617-.071-.516