£25 - £35 per hour
4 months ago
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Cheshire, North West England
Contract Duration: 6 months, rolling contract
Contract Rate: Competitive
Currently working with an organisation based in the Cheshire region with a national presence within their market. With sites across the United Kingdom, the business are looking to recruit a Buyer into their procurement structure on a contract basis. The role will focus on a number of key projects for the business, and in particular will focus heavily on Capex Procurement.
- Your work will involve managing tenders from start to finish in order to award contracts to suppliers that will help maintain and the procurement strategy for the business
- Prequalification of suppliers
- Development of existing suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with EU procurement legislation
- Negotiating with suppliers to deliver best value.
- You will also spend time researching and reporting on current and future market trends to help inform strategy and carry out some ongoing contract management responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- CIPS qualified
- Knowledge of SAP
- Extensive Cap-Ex experience / project
- Used to working in teams
- Evidence of negotiating / leading a negotiation
- Used to handling invitations to tender, placing purchase orders etc
- Familiar with contract law - terms and condition etc
- Experience of working on a nuclear site / security clearance etc
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.