7 months ago
Morson International is looking for Senior Buyer for our defence client based in Edinburgh.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible and accountable for the creation of Supplier Contracts to ensure commercial compliance in line with internal and external governance, contributing towards developing appropriate sourcing strategies at all phases of the product lifecycle and the management and delivery of material pricing required for Bids.
- Responsible for putting in place the appropriate Commercial Agreements, including but not limited to, internal and external Customer flow downs, NDA's, TAA's and Export Licences etc.
- Prepare the relevant Request For Quotation and Contract documentation packs such as Bid Packs, Contractual Terms, Price Agreements and Statements of Work.
- Responsible for creating and presenting Contract Compliance packs for internal audit and to external Government bodies or their Agencies.
- Market analysis of Supplier pricing to ensure price reasonableness is achieved and reported (benchmarking).
- Plan and execute cost negotiation of Supplier pricing and provide reporting for internal / external Audit.
- Provide analysis of material pricing to support the Product Cost Review Boards for NPI, with a view to highlighting cost reduction opportunities in line with declared project / product targets.
- Collaborate with Design Engineering to understand our product route maps so market research can be undertaken to identify capable and sustainable sources of supply.
- Identify and encourage Supplier competition for material requirements, utilising the Supply Review Board (SRB) process as an enabler.
- Prepare varied Lifecycle Management reporting such as Procurement Plans to outline the status and progress of material sourcing, Contracting Compliance and Bid Support.
- Responsible for the management of Supplier delivery performance (of NPI Contracts) throughout the Contract lifecycle in line with defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Responsible for managing the material budget associated with NPI, reporting on aspects such as Revenue Forecasting and Estimate to Complete.
- Identify and manage risk and opportunity, working collaboratively with Suppliers and other IPT members.
- Deploy the appropriate SAP activity in order to carry out your job effectively, especially in relation to the creation of compliant Contracts
Skills and qualifications:
- CIPS preferred but not essential
- Exposure to / understanding of Contract Terms & Conditions
- Working knowledge of Trade / Export Compliance
- Good Negotiation skills.
- Ability to influence
- Team Player
- Analytical Mind
- Attention to detail
- Good Communication skills (written & oral)
- IT literate (MS Office & SAP knowledge preferred)
Recognising the restricted nature of work suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.