28 days ago
Morson International is looking for Senior Buyer for our client based in Barrow In Furness
Plan, deliver and monitor procurement activity for the specific item/scope of work assigned.
- Execution of the end-to-end procurement process i.e. delivery of information, products and services to quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Continually review supplier performance.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Independently undertake transnational procurement activity including; raising Request for Quotations, negotiating price and lead times, creating and managing purchase orders, expediting delivery and managing payments.
- Undertake supplier assessment and due diligence activity to ensure the effective selection of suppliers to meet business needs.
- Record and report cost savings / cost avoidance.
- Communicate with suppliers and internal / external stakeholders - resolving a wide variety of routine problems and quality issues, escalating complex / high impact issues when necessary.
- Apply awareness of risk and opportunity management to address low impact risks within contract management activity.
- Update systems such as SAP, eDMS, Teamcenter with quality, accurate information relating to the procurement activity, in accordance with document management policy and process.
- Continually review the performance of suppliers against quality, cost and delivery metrics to ensure Submarines' requirements are met and to secure improvements.
- Complete cost-forecasting for equipment within individual's scope.
- Support the team, with minimal supervision, in the preparation of material in support of major subcontract / transactions process activity, including (but not limited to): raising requests for information, issuing invitation to tenders and contract packs, stage gate presentations, supplier down-selection, managing data deliverable, supplier visits (onsite and at supplier sites), supplier relationship management.
- Knowledge of in-scope product / service being provided to ensure requirements with respect to nuclear safety and environmental management are understood and delivered/met where applicable
- Sound knowledge of procurement principles and practices
- Sound understanding of negotiation and supplier management techniques
- Sound understanding of commercial aspects of contracts (with support).
- Knowledge of in-scope product / service being procured
Recognising the restricted nature of work suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance