Manchester, Greater Manchester
Negotiable dependant on experience
Sam Mabbott B.Soc Sci
29 days ago
Our client is looking to recruit 2 Senior Buyers for initial 18 Month contracts, based in their head office in Wythenshawe.
The roles will be working on an upcoming Oil and Gas project and will involve:
Source and procure, under contract, the materials, plant, equipment and services for the assigned project(s) or department and to undertake tasks as assigned to them from time to time by the Project Procurement Manager. Some travel to supplier site will be required.
- Identify the procurement need from purchase requisition (electronic, BOM or manual form). Challenge ill-defined, incomplete, non-conforming forms, specs and authorisations.
- Prepare and issue RFQ enquiries and ITT packages, incorporating client and project specific requirements, negotiating best possible commercial term.
- Competitive bid analysis, including compilation of commercial and technical bid tab & chair commercial/technical clarification meeting.
- Prepare and issue for approval single / sole source justification forms and / or vendor selection reports as required.
- Place Purchase Orders through the corporate purchasing system.
- Manage the cradle to grave procurement cycle within the purchasing system.
- Hold / attend PO kick off / Pre-Production Meeting as required.
- Undertake the appropriate Pre /Post PO administrative requirements and departmental administrative requirements as may be required from time to time.
- Draft, develop and maintain the project procurement, plan & dashboard to ensure effective communication between procurement, project team (including but limited to Project Management, Engineering, Expediting, QA/QC SHE, SITE TEAMS) suppliers and client.
- Project delivery and control (cost, schedule, quality) ensuring compliance with the clients policies, systems, procedures and contract requirements.
- Undertake supplier performance reviews and B2B meetings in line with company process and procedure.
- Pre-qualification and selection of suppliers.
- Provide support / cover for the Project Procurement Lead on the assigned Project(s).
The successful candidate will ideally have:
Degree qualified / MCIPS accredited (or working towards) and / or >5 years demonstrable experience in a demanding project procurement EPC / EPCm environment.
Skills and Experience:
- >5yrs demonstrable experience in a demanding project procurement EPC / EPCm environment.
- Able to work effectively as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Financial and commercial awareness commensurate with the delivery of contracts for goods and services.
- Good relationship management experience and skills, covering all organisational levels.
- Demonstrable experience of procuring a range of complex packages in an EPC / EPCm environment.
- Supply chain management and contract management experience.
- Negotiation skills.
- Contractual and commercial acumen.