2 months ago
Title: Senior Buyer
Salary: Competitive salary + package
Our client is a manufacturer based in Cheshire, they are current recruiting a Senior Buyer within raw materials category and to support to the wider procurement function.
- Manage suppliers across a range of categories to ensure they have the capability to support production.
- Negotiate and implement contracts with suppliers
- Identify cost drivers and ensure they are visible to support both customer and internal initiatives
- Negotiate prices and contracts for the supply of direct materials and services, working with appropriate teams.
- Be the main point of contact to coordinate supplier related issues
- Lead supplier reviews and manage the supplier management process, delivering a continuous improvement agenda
- Drive the development and implementation of robust internal and external processes to optimise the procurement infrastructure
- Support projects and New Product Development
- New product development experience
- Contract management
- Strong communication skills
- Supplier management
- Resourceful with ability to work to deadlines and priorities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Change management experience
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Degree educated
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on