Greater Manchester, England
£300 - £500 per day
9 months ago
- The role holder will be responsible for procurement engagement and delivery on various projects across capital spend categories.
- Develop, manage and implement category strategies that support the business need and align with organisational objectives, values, vision and goals. Develop and implement procurement strategies which drive best value, working collaboratively with colleagues to maximise business benefit.
- Ensure compliance with OJEU regulations
- Develop strong working relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders at all levels including director/senior figures. Promote a continuous performance improvement ethos with suppliers and internally
- Enable the delivery of year on year savings and qualitative improvements. Identify and track savings and benefits following the implementation of category strategies and procurement activity. The job holder will be a key driver of cost effectiveness, value, quality and efficiency
- Contribute positively to the measurement of team success against financial performance targets (savings) via the implementation of category strategies and procurement activities (competitions, benchmarking, negotiation etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Demonstrable depth of procurement experience (specifically covering procurement of assets, professional services and construction) in a category and contract managed environment.
- Good working knowledge of EU procurement methodologies, OJEU legislation
- Independent, dynamic and ambitious individual with excellent negotiation skills, with an ability to successfully project manage and deliver key contract negotiations
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex contracts and work with suppliers through SLA and KPI performance and will have experience with dispute resolution and claims management
- A proactive and commercially astute professional with excellent networking skills as well as strong Stakeholder and Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Ideally qualified to degree level, with MCIPS or working towards MCIPS
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.