Birmingham, West Midlands
£32000.00 - £38500.00 per annum + Plus car/cash allowance
about 1 year ago
Senior Building Surveyor
Overview: The Canal & River Trust is one of the UK's biggest charities and we are entrusted with the care of over 2,000 miles of waterways in England and Wales. As well as maintaining canals and rivers, we are also responsible for an extensive network of waterside infrastructure along with museums, archives and the country's third largest collection of protected historic buildings - preserving them for future generations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Building Surveyor. The Estates Senior Building Surveyor forms part of a team, which contributes to the management and enhancement of the Estates, Investment, Growth and Business Boating property portfolio and is directly responsible for monitoring the condition and compliance with statutory and Trust requirements of the properties within their area of responsibility. The Senior Building Surveyor also provides technical expertise in the management of commercial property to inspect, determine and prioritise actions as well as to identify and manage building works and to support all professional building surveying requirements of management surveyors within the Investment Directorate teams. This will include advice in respect of maintenance planning, acquisitions, insurance, management of external consultants and management of commercial tenancies.
The Role: Key Responsibilities:
* Comply with Canal & River Trust Health & Safety policies and defined standards, report incidents, accidents and near misses. Assess the risks and make adjustments to work methods where appropriate. Ensure all equipment (PPE, plant, materials etc.) is appropriate for the task. Consider your own and others behaviour.
* Inspect land and buildings, assess and prioritise building works to maintain the value and condition of the Trusts commercial and residential building stock
* Ensure statutory compliance in respect of all directly managed commercial and residential property
* Support all professional building surveying requirements of the surveyors within the Investment Directorate teams
* Provide advice in respect of maintenance planning, acquisitions, management of external consultants and management of commercial tenancies, preparation and negotiation of schedules of dilapidation, assessment and monitoring of tenants alterations, statutory compliance, energy improvements, measurement of buildings and preparation of insurance reinstatement cost assessments
* Manage the framework maintenance contractor to efficiently and safely deliver core works, planned and reactive maintenance works.Prepare budget plans and forecasts for contract expenditure
* Prepare budget plans and forecasts for contract expenditure Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Chartered Building Surveyor or Chartered Builder (RICS or MCIOB) to provide necessary confidence for both Trust and external parties that advice provided is appropriate and competent
* Demonstrate extensive experience of construction of buildings and building defect diagnosis across a variety of building types.
* Experience of administering a range of construction contracts including NEC contracts for maintenance works and project delivery.
* Experience in a range of professional surveying services including but not limited to preparation of schedules of dilapidation, measurement of buildings, preparation of insurance reinstatement cost assessment, preparation of maintenance plans.
* Knowledge of historic building defects and methods of repair, statutory requirements for compliance and health and safety management
* Valid driving licence to provide access to remote sites with necessary equipment. Additional
Info: This vacancy offers a salary of £32,000- £38,500, £5,100.00 per annum Car Cash allowance, generous contributory DC Pension plan, and excellent holidays. You can learn more about the employee benefits we offer here: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/our-benefits