Vital Bristol Technology
10 months ago
Our client are a global energy player and an expert operator in the three businesses of electricity, natural gas and energy services and they are currently looking for a Senior Boiler Operation and Maintenance Technician to be based in Wilton.
Reporting directly to the Operations manager, the post holder will lead a small team working day shift with 1 week in 4 call out and will be responsible for flexibly operating the Steam generating boiler plant and ancillary equipment in line with host site requirements and site procedures, as well as maintaining compliance with statutory health, safety and environmental provisions.
The Senior Boiler Operations and Maintenance Technician will be involved in working with and improving, the site systems and will have responsibility for site maintenance. The Senior Technician will be expected to produce weekly documentation to report on KPI's to the customer.
The individual should be able to lead, think logically and respond quickly and confidently to problems with minimum supervision and can lead and supervise. The Senior Technician will be a self-motivated, flexible individual, able to work alone, lead others and use initiative and be willing to accept responsibility to deliver the companies requirements whilst maintain a good relationship with the customer to meet their demands and KPI's associated with the O&M contract.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Leading site technicians on Operation, Maintenance, projects and outage preparation
- Operating the plant to ensure compliance with appropriate safety and environmental standards, and statutory requirements including BG01
- Carrying out plant-related routine duties to ensure plant performance, availability and reliability is maintained to a high level
- Application of safe systems of work
- Plant & control system first line fault diagnosis and reporting
- Application of operational, maintenance and safety systems and documentation for the plant incorporating relevant company standards, including carrying out the duties of an Authorised Person
- Planning, organising and supervising maintenance activities
- General operation and maintenance of plant
- Responsibility for producing weekly reports and reporting to customer
- Responsibility for producing and maintaining identified site documentation and procedures
- Liaising with internal and external customers
- Maintain professional attitude, an appropriate level of communication and courteous behaviour to all colleagues, host site personnel, contractors, and visitors to the Energy Centre
- Procurement of spares and consumables in line with budget
- To follow the company procedures and standards as expressed in the Company Handbook
- Minimum ONC/C&G or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline (preferably HNC.)
- Industrial Steam Boiler experience (BOAS desirable)
- Knowledge of Steam boiler water treatment
- Knowledge of rotating plant
- Knowledge of CMMS (desirable)
- 17th Edition qualifications (desirable)
- A professional and courteous manner is required always; ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, managers and customers
- Excellent organisational skills; the ability to manage and organise heavy workloads, prioritising relevant business and client needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to understand and liaise with others
- Computer literacy and basic IT skills (desirable)
- NEBOSH Cert, IOSH Managing safely or similar safety qualification (desirable)
- Management of Contractors
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file and contact you in the future regarding other suitable vacancies.