An Opportunity has arisen for a Senior Bid Manager to join the team with our prestigious client
The purpose of this job is to apply drive and energy through the use of experience-based bid-management knowledge and skills to ensure the successful delivery of a bid or a number of bids.
It requires the excellent management of the relationships with internal and external key UK and international customers and the use of highly developed networking and influencing skills to ensure that the Bid Team, Capture Leader and other major stakeholders deliver the right bid solution at the right time and to the right cost and quality for the Business.
- Reports to more senior Bid Management (up to Director level).
- Interfaces with Customers and Suppliers.
- Works directly with Capture Lead on an opportunity specific basis.
- Is a vital member of the Bid Leadership Team (Capture Leader, Bid Manager and Project Director).
- Liaison with senior Bid & Project Management and Business Leadership stakeholders.
- Liaison with internal comms team in preparing general progress information and updates.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Undertake the activities that will ensure the successful delivery of the bid (or bids). This will typically include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Work effectively with Capture Leader to generate win themes that link customer needs with defined benefits of the Thales offering.
- Providing supervision to the Bid Management Team to ensure that key relationships are being effectively managed and that vital customer, industry and business knowledge and networks are being effectively utilised to deliver the winning solution. Provide hands-on assistance to Bid Teams to manage the more complex or intense aspects of the bid management process to ensure the best solution is arrived at - for example
o Prequalification response submissions to customers.
o Bid Kick-Off meetings.
o Creation of the bid deliverables and ensuring review and governance.
o Cost estimates / target budgets and reviews.
o Gate Business Cases.
o Negotiations and presentations.
The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a management position within the Business.
Key performance Indicators against Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Customer satisfaction
- On-time delivery
- Project efficiency
- Bid win and capture rate
- The ability to adapt personal style of management and communication to achieve the desired results from interactions with team members and stakeholders.
- The ability to drive the right bid solutions to conclusion across complex multi-faceted organisational and stakeholder boundaries.
- An ability to successfully manage change.
- Excellent professional bid management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners, suppliers and other parts of the business (stakeholder management skills).
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong organisational, managerial and team working skills.
- Analytical skills aligned with the need to carry out detailed investigation of cost variance(s) and publishing of financial information directly into Company financial reports.
- Commercial, financial and business acumen.
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- A proven track record of driving successful bids solutions relevant to Thales across complex, multidisciplinary, multi-site organisations.
- Extensive client and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrate the ability to construct of solutions that meet the market's need both commercially and technically.
- Full business life cycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies.
- Comprehensive understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule bid management activities.
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the bid life cycle.
- Has as a minimum a working knowledge of industry standard approaches to bid management (such as Shipley Capture Bench).
Financial / Budgetary Responsibility:
- Ensuring all assigned Campaigns and Bids are completed within the approved Proposal and Tender Budget assigned. For this level of role, this is perceived to be >£500k max (Proposal and Tender Budget to be managed, not the value of the Bid)
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.