Trafford Park, Greater Manchester
Competitive + bonuses
9 months ago
Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with over 40 years' experience, a turnover in excess of £800 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world's biggest brands.
Due to continued growth in the Morson group of companies, we are looking for a senior bid coordinator to join our highly successful cross sector, global bid team. Supporting bids/tenders from across all recruitment divisions of Morson and Vital, this role will cover all aspects of tender compilation and writing. Reporting to the head of bid management and working within an established team, the successful candidate will be required to become quickly embedded within our supportive and fast paced organisation.
The role will involve compiling and managing information from a number of different sources and stakeholders to produce a coherent response that reflects the key win themes. The senior bid coordinator will compile all the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire and first stage bid responses with the support of a bid administrator. You will create engaging and comprehensive bid content by working closely with the bid writers and other internal stakeholders. Specific responsibilities include:
- Reviewing all incoming tender portals and tender notification sites for new opportunities
- Downloading, storing and distributing incoming bid information, to the relevant teams, for all new bids
- Supporting the bid team in the qualification of opportunities and client research
- Taking full responsibility for Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and supporting the bid team with supplier information at various stages of the tender process including Request for Proposal (RFP) and Invitation to Tender (ITT).
- Taking full responsibility for small proposals and/or capability statements.
- Ensuring bid collateral is up-to-date and maintaining a library of content e.g. client case studies, testimonials, best practice responses etc.
- Liaising with the BD/operational team to support pre-bid activity and to develop an understanding of the client pre-tender release
- Using effective project planning strategies to ensure that all information is received on time and is relevant to questions being asked within the bid
- Providing internal stakeholders with a thorough overview of the bid by undertaking an effective evaluation of bid opportunity and tender documents
- Collating information from and communicating effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including account managers, operational staff, and senior directors
- Ensuring the bid is reviewed by the right people at the right milestones - incorporating APMP best practice
- Continually reviewing and updating the content library to ensure accurate material is being used at all times
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a professional bid environment
- Experience of working on multiple fast paced bids simultaneously; ideally within recruitment sector or similar professional services industry
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure to demanding deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to form effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Typically degree educated with a strong preference for individuals with a degree in English, communications, journalism or business related field
- Knowledge of the recruitment, professional services, engineering, rail, construction or nuclear/power sector is desirable
- Ability to think visually and creatively about the response
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise own workload
Commitment and hard work is rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits, an employee health and wellbeing programme, free onsite parking, and a free onsite gym. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after every single employee. You can read more about what it's like to work for Morson at www.morson.com/careers.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.