Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
4 months ago
WHO ARE WE?
We write software that helps over 250,000 people every hour across 5 continents…
As a leading provider of airport IT solutions, with over 250 airports and airlines using our software worldwide you could become part of a team using the best languages, frameworks and tools available, to move the airport industry forward.
We've worked hard at Airport Systems to create a culture of empowerment, collaboration, innovation, learning and development.
Reporting to the Release Process Manager. Candidate will be working as part of the release management function along with an active position in automating processes / automated testing of products. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner with a desire to expand their skills and a passion for learning new technologies. Candidate will be an excellent communicator at all levels, able to work with cross functional teams. Candidate will have the ability to mentor and advise regarding automation best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build the release management environments using pipelines ensuring the release management environments are updated and stable
- Validate the testing procedures and consider new automated frameworks for testing Core products. Assist release function in the collation of all product artefacts. Assist in producing release documentation for the wider business
- Working with teams to identify weakness and improve test suites
- Automate testing and processes as much as possible for the release management function. E.g. Automated release notes, metrics.
- Creating automated tests using a variety of third party testing tools
- Creating and maintaining automated regression tests. Web Based UI testing automation as well as some manual testing involved
- Executing automated, functional, and performance tests
- Following up on automated test results, documenting and, or tracking issues and explaining them to other members of the development team
- Develop, maintain and or upgrade the QA test automation framework across products
- Mentoring less experienced testers and providing technical expertise as required.
- Working closely with the development team to collaborate and influence new development
- Consideration of automated tools which best meet the needs of the business
THE GOOD STUFF
- Free Thinking Fridays (opportunity to develop / work on whatever you want once a week)
- Personal growth and access to online E Learning platforms
- Clear technology strategy
- Casual dress code
- Team social events
- Opportunity for international travel
- Flexible working hours (core hours 9:30 - 15:30) with the odd day working from home
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per annum
- Pension up to 7.5%
- Free parking
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits package including but not limited to:
- Private medical
- Dental plan
- Health cash plan
- Health screening
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Perkbox - online benefit platform which gives you approximately 250 exclusive benefits such as shopping discounts, health & wellness, travel and entertainment discounts
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- ISTQB Qualified tester (foundation or higher) with several years of proven automation testing experience
- Passionate about helping teams to build a set of automated test suites in line with a continuous delivery strategy including; monitoring, reducing the time it takes to run scripts, grouping and prioritizing tests suits
- Experience in creating testing frameworks
- Advanced coding skills in C# and Java
- Experienced in automating tests in particular tests for web services including reading and writing to a database
- Experienced working on Windows and Linux operating systems
- Highly technical and hands on, willingness to train other members of the teams
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins (building / testing software projects continuously)
- Experience in the creation of Selenium test cases
- Experience in the creation and implementation of Cucumber/Specflow feature files
- Experience in the testing of Angular 2 (or later) applications
- API testing experience using Postman/SoapUI etc
- REST API test creation and execution experience
- Desktop application testing experience
- Creating and maintaining virtual machines
- Experience of working within an Agile development environment
- Experience with the following C# or .NET
Morson Group are the official recruitment partner for Airport Systems ADB Safegate. If you are interested in the position then please submit your CV or contact Morson Group directly.