Up to £42.00 per hour
7 months ago
* To lead and undertake Engineering activities covering a broad variety of Landing Gear Engineering structures / systems tasks, delivering integrated technical solutions both autonomously and by leading small multi-functional teams within the fast-moving and dynamic Landing Gear perimeter.
* To ensure all Engineering activities under your leadership meets the necessary Safety, Time/Cost/Quality standards and are delivered in line with commitments.
* To lead and take part in activities across the entire ATA32 component/system perimeter including Landing Gear Structures or Systems, presenting a unique opportunity to develop a strong technical understanding of the entire Landing Gear product.
* To ensure all structures / system engineering activities are in line with cascaded ATA32 requirements and verified through the V&V plan to demonstrate compliance with applicable airworthiness regulations and design requirements.
* As an ATA32 Fluid/Hydro Mechanical & Thermal Development - Structures / Gears Senior Engineer, demonstrated leadership and communication skills are crucial, plus commensurate engineering experience. A proven track record of delivering to time, cost and quality is essential along with experience in stakeholder management & leading project teams.
* A background in ATA32 structures / systems is essential. Typically Level 2 signatory is expected and ideally candidate has an aspiration of obtaining Level 1 signatory.
* To lead engineering subcontract work packages to ensure on time/cost/quality delivery in line with commitments.
* The role of the ATA32 Fluid/Hydro Mechanical & Thermal Development - Structures / Gears Senior Engineer is to manage requirements, develop new design solutions and ensure the continued airworthiness of the ATA32 products throughout the complete product lifecycle (from R&T to in-service). Working closely with Equipment and Extended Enterprise Suppliers and other areas of the business, you will be responsible for leading a team of ATA32 Mechanical and Mechatronics Development Engineers for delivering tasks and projects that are safe, certifiable and integrated with the right quality, on time and within budget.
* To define the activities required within a Statement of Work (SoW) for each task, under your leadership, deriving planning and resource needs.
* To operationally lead multi-disciplinary activities for the delivery of the task that meets the technical need, following the appropriate processes and procedures, demonstrating strong requirement adherence and V&V.
* To secure process excellence & continuous improvements.
* To lead and take part in activities to deliver landing gear tasks.
* To agree the task priority with task owner.
* To ensure a strong links with all stakeholders, including Vendors, Procurement, Customer Services, FAL as required communicating task progress and realistic commitments.
* Management of the Equipment Supplier (in accordance with DOA)
* Management and co-ordination of Design Reviews including Process Assurance
* Management of change and configuration
* To seek new Innovative solutions and develop them through R&T
* To provide In-Service Support and ensure the Continued Airworthiness of ATA32 on all programs
* To provide MAP support to the FALs and Flight Test
* To proactively problem solve issues and ensure the maturity of all solutions
* To mentor, coach and develop others in EL, act as a role model for ATA32 Engineers aspiring to be Senior ATA32 Engineers.