Dublin, Republic of Ireland
£40000 - £70000 per annum + benefits
5 months ago
* Senior Assistant Engineer in Electrification
ROLE & PURPOSE:
* To provide technical support and assistance in the Preventive Maintenance and Renewal of Electrification Traction and OHLE systems.
* Participate in drawing up specifications, testing and commissioning of renewal of electrification sub-systems.
* Partake in studies of performance of electrification sub-systems.
* Working on site with electrification staff and contractors delivering technical solutions to asset performance.
* Traction Engineer / OCS Maintenance Manager.
WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH:
* Electrification Engineer.
* Principle Engineer, Electrification.
* Traction Engineer.
* OCS Maintenance Manager.
* OHLE Engineer.
* Traction Supervisors.
* OHLE Supervisors.
* Safety Manager SET.
* Principal Engineer Signalling.
* Signalling Manager North & East.
* Manager DART Signalling & National Telecommunications.
* Manager Testing & Commissioning, Signalling.
* Technical Manager Telecoms.
* Other SET Technical Staff.
* An Engineering degree (Level 8) in a relevant discipline
* Experience in Electrical Power Systems and/or OHLE Systems.
* Ability to produce and maintain documentation to a high standard
* Demonstrated Safety Management capability appropriate to the role and purpose of the position
* Strong leadership, negotiation and interpersonal skills
* Professional experience in Railway Traction.
* Professional experience in OHLE.
* Experience in a railway electrification design office and /or testing and commissioning railway Traction / OHLE schemes.
* Experience in PLC automation systems - hardware / software.
* CAD / Micro station experience.
* Excellent planning, scheduling and organizational skills.
* Full clean driving license class
* Specialist Knowledge
* Safety Focus & Knowledge
* Planning & Implementing
* Communication with Impact / Relationship building.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Safety: To act as a focus for safety in line with the SET SMS and to discharge your safety responsibilities as outlined by your reporting Manager and SRS.
* Engineering: To ensure the implementation of policies, standards and strategies in line with SET Technical Standards and Company policy.
* People: To ensure constant communication with all colleagues within your area and to support the People Management policy within the IM team.
* Taking a lead in the further development of Electrification asset management.
* Taking a lead in preventive maintenance of Electrification assets.
* Taking a lead in fault-finding and testing of electrification sub-systems.
* Preparation and checking of electrical schematics as required.
* Preparation and checking of electronic control systems data as required.
* Preparing and assisting the development of circuit design for electrification schemes and alterations.
* Preparing and implementing testing plans.
* Ensure that you keep yourself informed of changes/updates in legislation.
* Ensure that you keep yourself informed and up-to-date on Company Standards.
* Ensure that version control of software is carefully managed.
* Ensure that all testing records and documentation is completed accurately and filed in a secure location.
* Ensure that operating instructions are maintained with accuracy and are kept up-to-date.
* Assist in the preparation of safety documentation.
* Working with HV electricity as per NSAI Standards EN 50110.
* Working within the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work General Applications 2007 part 3: electricity.
* Working within the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work acts and the Construction Regulations.
* Adhere to the company rules, regulations and standards.
* Writing and checking Method Statements when required.
* Partake in safety case preparation as and when required.
* Liaise with staff assigned to technical projects so that project objectives are achieved.
* Ensure that corporate HR policy and procedures are adhered to within the Electrification Technical team.
This job description is not exhaustive, and merely outlines the key duties and responsibilities of the position.
For more information please contact Tom Glover at Morson International