€450.00 - €500.00 per day
8 months ago
Senior Applications Support Engineer - Brussels
Morson International are working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Senior Application Support Engineer to join their team in Brussels. This is initially a 1 year contract where the contract can be extended. My client is paying €450 - €500 a day for this contract.
My client is looking for someone within business workflow applications. The Consultant ideally should be coming from application development (Java) and help desk support functions (2nd level and above), and they will be serving as the intermediator between the HelpDesk and other IT teams of RTD (development, testing etc).
They needs to be able to demonstrate strong Problem and Incident Management skills, escalating issues on a professional and timely manner. They also needs to be able to investigate problems directly at analysis and coding levels, provide direct assistance in the resolution of production issues, following ITIL process Flow and respecting SLA targets.
The Senior Application Support Engineer will:
* Provision of expert advice and assistance, technology watch, evaluation studies, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices in the specific area of ICT infrastructure technology in the context of business workflow applications ( e.g. database management systems, Java Enterprise technology, enterprise & web content management, XML, portals, business process management and rule execution engines, interoperability, business activity monitoring and business intelligence technologies, Web 2.0, application life cycle management, test driven development, search technologies, information security)
* High quality recording, analysing and tracking of application issues (incidents, problems, changes) to ensure meaningful feedback throughout the support chain.
* Provision of monitoring of the functioning of business workflow applications and analysis and identification of application defects through detailed inspection of database and application server log files.
* Drafting technical content for knowledge database for use of upstream support groups in relation to the different business processes covered by the applications.
* Depending on the circumstances, the expert may be requested to provide assistance or support in the resolution of production issues
The successful Senior Application Support Engineer will:
* Master Degree in IT or related field with a minimum of 9 years of professional IT experience
* In depth knowledge and experience in the architecture and technical implementation of business workflow applications and the related problem management.
* Expert knowledge of application problem management applying ITIL (or equivalent) procedures
* Good knowledge of business processes and how they are reflected and implemented in the respective workflow applications.
* Good knowledge of financial circuits in the private and/or public sector.
* Being able to understand well requirements analysis and application for web applications and web services (UML)
* Deep understanding of XML modelling
* In depth knowledge of service oriented application architectures (SOA)
* High level expertise and long term experience of a combination of the following IT tools is a pre-requisite:
o Oracle RDBMS/SQL or equivalent
o Java/J2EE (BEA Weblogic or equivalent)
o IBM Rational (RQM, RTC) or equivalent
o Activiti BPM
o Eclipse/ Maven
o Angular 2 or higher
o Good knowledge of IS lifecycle
* Good knowledge of Software development methodologies (e.g RUP, Agile)
* Capability to write clear and structured technical documents
* Ability to apply high quality standards
* Very good written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of French is an asset
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.