Up to £45.00 per hour
21 days ago
12 months +
MORSON are currently working in partnership with a large aerospace and defence company and have a requirement for a Senior Air Systems Electrical / Avionics Design Engineer to join the team on site at our clients site in Broughton (near Chester). Full details below:
Summary of Role:
The Senior Air Systems Electrical / Avionics Design Engineer is required to undertake a leading role within the Aircraft Systems Design Team of the business, supporting multiple aircraft projects across all Airborne sites (Broughton, Harlow and Waddington). They will work within both civil and military environments and the successful candidate will report to the Head of Systems.
The work of the Aircraft Design Team includes providing technical solutions and developing modifications to customer owned aircraft, both military and civil. This can include the introduction of new aircraft avionic or mission systems, RF and antenna systems and electrical power generation/ distribution equipment/systems.
The successful candidate will also be part of the growing Airborne Engineering Team which delivers aviation engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide.
This role is ideally suited to a senior aircraft avionic engineer with industry related experience. The role offers an exciting challenge in supporting the programmes with responsibilities for:
- Taking ownership of aircraft modification packages throughout the entire design lifecycle.
- Developing modification proposals with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) for the introduction of new or upgraded aircraft electrical and RF avionics and mission systems capabilities.
- Customer liaison to develop customer concepts and documentation of requirements.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager in the preparation of bids and proposals.
- Liaison with OEM and other suppliers to gather detailed understanding and suitable documentation to facilitate detailed installation/ integration design.
- Analysis of systems design issues, determination of actions and solutions.
- Initial system design and subsequent liaison with the detail design team to develop the final solution in a timely manner.
- Managing the development of modifications to the aircraft by planning and administration of the Modification Design Processes.
- Liaison with the Production Organisation to solve problems arising in installation.
- Production of test documentation and other analyses/ reports.
- Liaison with test/ production engineers to complete test regime as required.
- Production of modification control documentation and subsequent certification of the resulting modification with CAA, EASA, MAA or other certification requirements as appropriate.
- Liaison with Certification Authorities as required.
- Production and review of modifications to the Aircraft Document Set.
Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering, avionic engineering, physics or similar engineering or scientific discipline.
Proven and recent experience in the design, integration and certification of aircraft avionic and electronic systems at a senior level in either a civil or military environment.
Wide knowledge of current avionic and military sensors and systems.
Knowledge of aircraft power generation and distribution systems.
Understanding and experience of the Systems Engineering life cycle.
Experience of working within a multi-discipline engineering team within the aerospace industry.
An able communicator in verbal, written and presentational forms
A logical problem solver who can operate effectively under stretching project constraints.
Able to manage and work within agreed timescales.
Able to use initiative to improve team process and performance.
Self motivated and Team Player
Holder of current SC security clearance or prepared to obtain it
Experience of customer facing environments.
Experience in the support of production organisations from within a design organisation.
Knowledge of civil and military modification and certification processes.
Experience in a position of authority (team leader/ deputy) within a design organisation.
Knowledge of EASA/ FAA certification requirements.
Knowledge of current military certification requirements.