about 1 month ago
YASA was founded on the principle that small, light electric motors would play a growing role in meeting both the strict emissions targets being set globally in a wide range of industries and the requirement for greater efficiency through electrification.
The Company was incorporated in 2009 based on a unique patented motor technology invented by the Companys founder and CTO Dr Tim Woolmer whilst studying for his DPhil at Oxford University.
Today, YASAs revolutionary proprietary Axial Flux technology provides compact, lightweight and powerful electric motors & controllers that support a variety of aerospace electrification applications for our clients - with an innovation roadmap of even lighter and more efficient products on the way that will power the future of Urban Air Mobility
YASA supplies custom and off-the-shelf specialised e-motors and controllers to both automotive and aviation customers from its headquarters and series production facility near Oxford in the UK
This is an exciting point in YASA's development and due to continued expansion and success we are now looking to recruit a Senior Aerospace Project Manager.
Purpose of Job
To be responsible for developing and driving the aerospace project plans for multiple customers through to completion. Providing the bridge between the aerospace customer and internal engineering teams.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/KEY RESULT AREAS
* To be the prime technical and project interface to key YASA aerospace customers.
* Generate realistic achievable project plans using MS project and drive through to completion.
* Motivate and drive internal teams setting goals and direction in conjunction with the Head of Aerospace Engineering.
* Identify key project and product risks, track and develop mitigating actions, and produce and maintain a live risk register.
* Ensure design and project best practises are followed (such as PRINCE 2 protocols), identifying, documenting and developing the necessary procedures with the aim of assisting the Head of Quality Assurance to achieve and maintain EASA Part 21 G & J and AS9100D.
* Organise delivery of projects with cross functional teams including external customers as necessary.
* Facilitate discussions with key supplier's internal key functions on timing, cost, and quality, as well as ensuring they meet the regulatory and delivery requirements.
* Work with sales team to realise technical opportunities with developing customers.
* Provide updates to management on the state of projects, develop action plans to resolve issues, and ask for SMT assistance when required.
* Ensure development, procurement, and production meet project timings.
* Experience working at a senior level in the aerospace industry under a regulatory environment or similar.
* Proven project management experience.
* Demonstrated track record of engineering ability in an electrical or mechanical discipline.
* Experienced in managing OEM customers both technically and commercially to ensure costs delivery and quality are clear at all times
* Good awareness of best practise development processes, requirements and expectations.
* Track record of successful project delivery.
* Experienced in the use of MS project and practical project/risk management techniques.
* Instinctive problem-solving skills coupled with a sound analytical approach.
* Ability to work under pressure while managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills practised in negotiation and presentations.