£15.44 - £20.00 per hour
16 days ago
Morson are recruiting for a Senior Administrator / Commercial Officer on behalf of our prestigious client, based in Edinburgh.
There is an exciting opportunity within the Commercial function for a Commercial Officer to provide commercial support to the Integrated Project Team (IPT) within one of the Business Sector. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supporting and developing customer (internal & external) relationships
* Day-to-day commercial management and administration of specific contracts
* Advice to IPT on commercial issues and risks
* Preparation of tender & proposal documentation for management review
* Attending contract negotiations with customers
This is a flexible role requiring the Commercial Officer to take responsibility for their own proposals and contracts. Work load may also include secondment to other Business Sectors.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Maintaining key relationships with internal and external customers
* Maintenance of SAP Sales Order in line with customer requirements and instructions
* Understand general requirements of pricing including:
* Protection of exchange rate variation through foreign currency sold forward
* Protection of non-payment through Atradius cover in accordance with process and procedure
* Drafting of tender approval documentation including detailed pricing worksheets.
* Drafting of commercial proposal wording in line with approved tender position
* Producing Contract Summary deliverables for Phase Reviews including detailed pricing summary and contractual records requirements
* Reviewing Contracts and:
* Understand the importance of ensuring that the company objectives are met
* Highlight areas of concern
* Understand the implications of clauses and seek legal advice where necessary
* Understand commercial risk
* Provide support to the wider commercial team
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
It would be desirable for the candidate to have equivalent relevant experience for the role: admin experience in the defence sector, or experience with contracts.
Skills & Knowledge.
The candidate is expected to possess the following:
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Good attention to detail
* Ability to work in teams and also be self-sufficient
* Professional, disciplined, persistent and proactive
* Proficient in MS Word and Excel
Due to the natue of this role, the successful candidate will be required to gain SC clearance before eligible to start.