£600 - £800 per day
17 days ago
3 months +
Job title: Head of Tax
Location: Kentish Town
Job type: Contract or permanent
- Responsible for managing Direct Taxes for a large retailer with operations in the UK and overseas.
- Undertaking tax compliance and tax advisory across a variety of tax types including : Corporation Tax Return preparation and review, preparation and review of capital allowance claims, year end tax reporting under IFRS, including conversion from U.K. GAAP.
- Employment taxes: Preparation and review of the annual PAYE Settlement Agreement ( PSA) , P11D review Employee Share Plan compliance, Salary Sacrifice scheme implementations and RTI implementation.
- Advice on property transactions including SDLT advice.
- Tax risk review and delegated sign off procedures for the Senior Accounting Officer ("SAO").
- Providing ad-hoc advice and training to internal stakeholders.
- Liaison and management of relationships with external stakeholders including HMRC and professional advisors.
- Managing tax staff and interns.
- Proven tax experience direct/indirect - compliance,
- CIS, VAT, CGT. Systems and reporting, digitisation
- Tax Qualification