£18.26 - £22.61 per hour
6 months ago
Job Title: Senior Accountant - Financial Planning & Reporting
Duration: 12 Months
Hours: 37 per week
Pay: £18.26 PAYE/£22.61 LTD per hour
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our client in Portsmouth on a contract basis for 12 months
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this key role will be responsible for the consolidation and analytical review of each of the Maritime Services Line of Business submissions across the various monthly reporting, budget, statutory accounts and IBP activities.
The successful candidate will need to have an analytical background, an aptitude for utilising and developing information systems (SAP, BPC), the ability to analyse significant volumes of data and streamline into useful information, and develop close working relationships across the Lines of Business.
- Deputise for the Finance Manager - Reporting & Consolidation as required
- Prepare the monthly MS ERP ledger to BPC to HFM reconciliation using SAP ERP and BPC data
- Prepare and post legal entity reclassification journals in BPC
- Identify and investigate through to correction reporting data inconsistencies in the BPC data models
- BPC master data - monitor, report on and work with stakeholders to ensure data corrections are implemented where required
- From BPC, specify and develop management reports to facilitate data interrogation and analysis in support of central and Line of Business monthly reporting processes
- Provide direct support to Finance Manager during the IBP process ensuring a robust and aligned IBP is presented for review
- Provide direct support to Finance Manager to meet statutory accounts reporting and supplementary analysis requirements
- Co-ordinate the collation of IFRS 15 returns from the business, evaluating the inputs and challenging as required
- Co-ordinate completion of Office for National Statistics returns as required
- Take lead responsibility for Payments Performance reporting in support of Corporate reporting
- Develop and distribute management information reports for monthly LT Review packs
- Using SAP Cockpit cost data, develop and distribute management information report for routine project accounting use
- Assist with the monthly reporting Hyperion data load
- Ad hoc exercises as they arise that fall within the overall parameters of the job description.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified Accountant - CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent
- Proven experience of planning and reporting processes
- Fully conversant in Excel and SAP, and ideally SAP BPC and Hyperion
- Able to partner with stakeholders from both finance and non-finance backgrounds
- Flexible approach
Please note the successful candidate will need to under Basic Security Clearance vetting in line with customer requirements.
Morson International are acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.