possible relocation assistance offered
6 months ago
Morson Group (Accountancy and Finance Division) is assisting with the recruitment of a Senior Accountant, to work for a leading international business, based Yeovil, Somerset
You will need to have good business partnering and leadership skills. Along with being at least 3/5 years post qualified (ACCA/CIMA) and with experience of working within Engineering or Manufacturing industry sectors.
The primary purpose of this role is to be financially responsible for strategically important long term contract(s), providing financial direction and advice to the programme leadership, ensuring fiduciary controls are implemented and maintained and ensuring budgeting, forecasting and reporting of the programme financials in compliance of IFRS and contractual obligations.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Financial responsibility for major long term contract(s) within the Finance team, including the accurate preparation of monthly forecasts, reporting and annual budgeting in accordance with latest accounting standards and Company Policy and timetables. Support to routine external audit requirements.
* Drive financial leadership and control into the programme, supporting the IPT (Integrated Project Team) with appropriate contract analysis, reporting and direction.
* Ownership of all forecasting and budgeting requirements associated with those contracts, partnering with the business continuously. This will include challenging and approving:
* Contract costs to complete along with associated schedules
* Cash forecasting and support to treasury management for the programme, income and expenditures
* All Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet items pertinent to the contract
* Contract performance monitoring and reporting
* Expert financial advice and leadership in an IPT environment
* Provide timely and accurate month-end financial reporting as appropriate, ensuring correct use of SAP in terms of contract structure and maintenance thereof, compliance with IFRS applications and to enable performance reporting, working with the business.
* Manage ad-hoc requests from the FC as required, problem solving to deliver solutions/proposals in a well-considered, accurate and timely manner .
* Ensure compliance with SSRO (legal) requirements and cost certificates to the customer as required for particular contracts.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Professional qualified accountant,ACCA/CIM with significant PQE
* Good critical thinker/ analytical skills with attention to detail, whilst able to see the bigger picture
* Ability to communicate clearly at different levels across the business
* Work on own initiative but able to work across multi functional teams
* Ability to influence others and drive to see through change
* Demonstrable IT knowledge - Microsoft (Excel, Word etc.) SaP and BI knowledge a significant advantage
* Flexible approach to work and willing to travel on occasion where required