US$30.00 - US$33.00 per hour
10 months ago
This position reports directly to the Director of Accounting. Primary duties deal with preparation of balance sheet and profit and loss analysis for monthly closing and regular audit requirements, intercompany reconciliation and resolution, taxes preparation and filing, and all related month-end financial closing and financial reporting tasks. Job Holder shall support Accounting Manager and Director of Accounting in the coordination and interaction with Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) partner to resolve daily queries pertaining to financial reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare monthly financial statements, variance analysis and other corporate financial reporting analysis and requirements.
* Support the Accounting Manager and the Director of Accounting on all month-end closing tasks to ensure financial statements are closed timely.
* Maintain the integrity of the general ledger (GL) and related subsidiary ledgers (SL). Ensure SL ties up with GL. Constantly prepare and review balance sheet and profit and loss account analysis and perform account analysis clean-up. Ensure account balances are correct in content and total ties up with accounting system before books are finally closed for the period.
* Compute all necessary accruals, review deposits and prepayments, and prepare all related journal entries thereof including clean-up adjustments.
* Assists in various accounting and statutory functions such as accounts payable analysis, payroll reconciliation, expense report processing, government reporting, and other ad-hoc general accounting related tasks.
* Support internal and external audit which include preparation of all analysis related to financial reporting audit, internal audit and tax related audit.
* In charge of accounting system maintenance and clean-up such as adding new accounts into the chart of accounts, mapping new accounts into the financial statements and/or inactivating or removing duplicate accounts.
* Prepare, review and file taxes such as sales & use taxes, GST and HST taxes, property taxes and other business related taxes.
* Participate in preparation of Internal Control Questionnaires for entire business line performs walk through verifications of prepared Internal Control Questionnaires for entire business line.
* Assists Accounting Manager in the resolution of daily issues with BPO pertaining to financial reporting. Support Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) in the administration and maintenance of the general ledger processes and procedures.
Related work experience or Senior Accountant for a company of same size or with a minimum of (USD ) 100MM Revenue for at least 5 years.
Advanced Excel user (e.g. pivot table, vlookups, SUMIF, SUMIFS, etc.)
Good organizational skills
* 3+years experience- MUST have exp working for a large corporation to be considered
* SAP Software highly preferred or Oracle
* Previous experience working with high dollar amount of (USD)100 million + in revenue
* Similar industry experience, technology or manufacturing/ distribution experience
DO NOT SEND RESUMES WITH RECENT HEALTHCARE ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE
* Highly advanced Excel required- Pivot Tables etc
* Must have good communication skills- read and write English
* Adapt to fast paced environment
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Economics
CPA, CA or CGMA
Worked as Auditor or Tax from Top 20 Accounting or Tax Firms
Tax filing exp a huge +
EXPENSE REPORT PROCESSING