Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Up to £38000.00 per annum + Tax Free
7 months ago
Our client provides maintenance of Royal Naval Forces ships and train RSNF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their ships and equipment.
The post holder will be responsible for leading a team of Academic Science Training Instructors as well as carrying out all aspects of Academic Science training of students at the Technical Institute of Naval Studies (TINS). This includes classroom delivery, placement and progress testing / marking, materials selection, preparation and development, syllabus development, implementation of courses and record keeping.
The post holder will co-ordinate with the Academic Science/Basic Skills Training Manager (AST/BST-M) concerning all aspects of course administration and implementation.
- The implementation of Academic Science courses at TINS, ensuring that they are delivered to plan and that quality is maintained.
- Providing direction and guidance to Academic Science Training Instructors, including professional development and training.
- The day-to-day leadership and management of a team of ASTIs delivering the Academic Science Training courses to ensure that targets are met.
- Establishing and maintaining effective links with local RSNF Liaison Officers.
- Contributing to preparation of timetables, scheduling and allocation of instructors.
- Contributing to the acquisition, allocation, maintenance and use of training resources including textbooks, workbooks, classrooms, laboratories, training devices, and consumables.
- Working closely with the local RSNF Surveillance and Cadet Welfare teams to ensure appropriate levels of cadet discipline are maintained.
- Reviewing team members' performance through observations.
- Managing, directing and planning the workload of allocated AST team members.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with the Learning Resource Centre team to ensure activities in the LRC are complementary to the mainstream teaching and remain an effective part of the programme.
- Ensuring that the performance development reviews (PDRs) of direct reports are completed to schedule.
- Selecting and developing appropriate course material to match students' abilities and requirements.
- Providing regular updates as required to the AST/BST Manager on training performance, cadet discipline and any other issues that require his assistance.
- Have extensive experience of leading a team of instructors and overseeing training delivery to a high standard.
- Be a graduate of an advanced military trade school or industrial equivalent.
- Have extensive practical experience in their specialty.
- Have successfully completed a military defence train the trainer or UKG approved instructional techniques course (RQF Level 3), or Saudi equivalent.
- Have at least one year's recent (within last 5-years) instructional experience,
- Be qualified to teach City and Guilds (C&G) 2850-82 or 54 Level 2 Diploma in Engineering - Electrical and Electronics Technology or Level 2 Certificate in Engineering - Maintenance Technology, including Units 201, 202 & 222.
- Be C&G Training Assessment & Quality Assurance (TAQA) qualified for C&G 2850-82 or 54.
- Demonstrate high levels of cultural sensitivity.
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed. On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.