Up to £0.00 per annum
9 months ago
1. Purpose of the Job
The principle purpose of this role is to manage the review of the 2D/3D/4D CAD Data produced by both the Contractor's designers and internally by the Crossrail CAD team, to ensure compliance with the Crossrail technical standards and relevant Works Information if applicable. The role will involve verifying quantity and quality of CAD data produced as well as working with Crossrail Delivery, the supply chain, and RfL/TfL to facilitate a seamless compliant handover of Crossrail CAD data to RfL/TfL.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Manage a team which is responsible for reviewing Contractor 3D CAD Models against Crossrail technical standards to ensure compliance in support of As-built deliverables to the Infrastructure Maintainer.
* Liaising with T1 contractor and their respective CAD teams to resolve CAD compliancy issues and pre-empt delivery of non-compliant data late in the Crossrail programme, as well as assist in problems associated with coordinating CAD data between multiple contractors on the project.
* Work with the Head of CAD Delivery to assure T1 contractor CAD submissions and verify the CAD data tallies with the handover lists provided by the contractors.
* Be the point of contact for the Crossrail Field Engineering teams and Crossrail Delivery to ensure CAD data requirements are met and that the data is technically accurate.
* Maintain a good working relationship with RfL/TfL to ensure there is clarity and agreement as to the quality and quantity of Crossrail deliverables at handover.
* To assist the Head of CAD Delivery in formulating an inventory of all Crossrail CAD data across the project, and to use this inventory to assist in CAD data requests, and coordination between T1 Contractors and stakeholders.
* Undertake periodic reviews of As-built CAD drawings against redlines to ensure compliance with the relevant Crossrail standards and the quality of redlines and resultant As-builts are as expected.
* Work with the Head of CAD Delivery to oversee register of Civils and Structural As-builts 3D models, and the distribution of these to the T1 contractor design teams and project stakeholders.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
* Being able to work proactively and unaided whilst managing the team of 3D CAD assurance coordinators, producing dashboards to show progress whilst reporting back to Crossrail and T1 contractors.
* Being ultimately responsible for signing off CAD data received by the Tier 1 contracts, working alongside the Head of CAD Delivery.
* Interfacing between CEG Technical, T1 Contractors (via Field Engineers), and RfL/TfL.
* Reviewing large amounts of CAD data and liaising with contractors to resolve issues.
* Working with T1 contractor design teams to ensure they are coordinating their 3D information with Others.
* Working with the Head of CAD Delivery to prepare Crossrail CAD data for Handover to RfL/TfL.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* T1 Contractors design teams, including their supply chain, and the Crossrail field engineering teams.
* Crossrail Technical colleagues, for example CAD Services who oversee the Contractors CAD issues
* Crossrail CEG
* RfL and TfL and other stakeholders on the project
5. Person Specification
* Must have in-depth experience of the Crossrail Project and understand Crossrail CAD Standards and workflows and understand how these affect Crossrail Tier 1 contracts.
* Hands-on in depth experience with Bentley ProjectWise, MicroStation and the Bentley Building Suite of products. Preferable to have experience with Navisworks Manage
* Experience within building or stations fit-out design (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical or Public Heath disciplines) highly preferable
* Experience with the coordination of building services within a 3D CAD environment
* Experience in 3D model design review process and in the review of design deliverables
* Fully knowledgeable about RIBA Stages of Design
* NEC3 knowledge and awareness desirable.
* Capable of authoring summary reports on matters arising from design reviews and compliance matters.
* Experience in similar position preferred
* Strong ability to coordinate issues across multiple contracts
* Strong communication skills