Security Screening Administrator
Salford, Greater Manchester
9 days ago
Background Screening Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Screening Delivery
Key Purpose of Role: To provide background screening/security vetting services for customers and/or supply chain partners
- Handle the full life cycle of the vetting process in accordance with regulatory and contractual requirements, within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
- Administration of security documentation including referencing, eligibility to work checks and client specific on-boarding requests, such as criminal record declarations, confidentiality agreements and financial checks.
- Ensure details provided (and supporting documents), fully meet the Basic Personal Security Standard, regulating body or contractual enhancement as agreed.
- Advise and guide candidates on vetting matters and respond to queries raised in a timely manner.
- Ensure paper and electronic records are fully maintained and auditable.
- Undertake additional vetting related tasks as and when requested.
- Process data in line with data protection requirements (GDPR)
- GCSE in Maths, English, Science plus three others at Grades A-C (or equivalent) - Essential
- A Levels (or equivalent) in any subject - Desirable
- Degree in a relevant subject - Desirable
- Experience of working in a HR, background screening or customer service environment
- Experience of working as part of a team, where work is sometimes shared
- Experience providing a high level of customer service, ensuring candidates (or customers) are supported throughout a process or journey
- Experience of handling multiple cases/customers simultaneously
- Experience of supporting candidates or customers remotely, over the phone or internet
- Experience of producing reports based on data sets
- Experience of processing criminal record checks for candidates based within the UK (DBS or Disclosure Scotland)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good customer service skills, with an ability to manage and process multiple cases at the same time, in a professional manner
- Professional telephone technique, ensuring candidates are supported throughout their background screening
- Knowledge of right to work in the United Kingdom
- Understanding of UK and overseas criminal record requesting and checking processes
- Ability to provide reports based on management information