South West England, England
£200.00 - £230.00 per day
30 days ago
Section Supervisor (Signalling)
Here at Morson we are looking to hire a Section Supervisor to join our client in Plymouth, England.
1. Supervise and check the quality of work delivered and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
2. Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements and other instructions.
3. Adhere to company policies and procedures.
4. Undertake specific inspections in accordance with standards as directed.
5. Prioritise work arising.
6. Prepare work and resource specifications and method statements including Safe System of Work Plans.
7. Assist in the development of work plans that enables work to be delivered safely, efficiently and compliant to standards.
8. Assist in the identification and proposal of asset renewals.
9. Assist in the allocation of resources.
10. Deliver work in accordance with the relevant maintenance plans.
11. Provide appropriate information to update systems, databases and records.
12. Undertake a programme of staff surveillance, work quality, compliance and asset condition checks as directed.
13. Assist in the management, control and discipline of staff as directed.
14. Assist in the monitoring and review of staff competence and welfare.
15. Contribute to your own development and that of others.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
1. Experience of directing and supervising worksites and the safe and efficient delivery of work.
2. Knowledge of resource and work organisation/planning processes and systems.
3. Knowledge and experience of conductor rail equipment inspection, maintenance, renewal and asset condition assessment techniques.
4. Knowledge of relevant standards, procedures and instructions.
5. Awareness of cost and waste control techniques.
6. Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
7. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
8. Able to coach, influence and develop others.
9. Hold and retain competencies relevant to this post and required by business need.
10. Ideally hold (or be working towards) an NVQ level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or have attained the appropriate level of knowledge gained through equivalent relevant experience.
11. Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need.
If you are interested and have relevant qualifications and experience, apply now and I will be in touch with you shortly.
Alternatively, contact Connah OKeeffe at Morson International for more information about this position