St. Helens, Merseyside
£34000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
8 months ago
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Section Engineer to join their Regional team to work in St Helens.
* Provide engineering input to successfully deliver projects.
What you'll be doing
As, Section Engineer , you will be responsible for the following:
* Develop and support the project team in the delivery of -quality engineering and control
* Develop and manage materials, plant and labour within the allocated budget and resources, ensuring their safe, effective and efficient delivery of service on the project
* Assist in the implementation of all systems, design information, procedures and quality systems are effectively communicated for the project and ensure that they are satisfactorily communicated and implemented
* Support the project delivery teams, verifying the work of others, providing robust technical support
* Support and deliver assurance on projects through conducting audits and regular meetings with project teams, identifying best practice, areas for improvement and areas of concern, including matters relating to safety, finance or quality
* Develop and maintain relationships with relevant customers including technical consultants and suppliers, managing their input in the design, development, pricing and delivery of technical solutions for the project
* Maintain personal expertise and knowledge to ensure that the company is at the forefront of the industry both technically and in using the latest technologies and standards
* Provide coaching and motivation to junior engineers, to deliver high performance on the project and create a culture of continuous improvement
* Ensure that the engineering is efficiently managed so that it is fit for purpose from conception right through installation and maintenance recognising site conditions and constraints and taking into account CDM, other statutory regulations and customer requirements
* Ensure the efficient operation of procurement, material control policies and procedures providing assistance in producing accurate and current procurement schedules and cost information/reports (where required)
* By using the principles of quality assurance, and where appropriate technical Integrity, ensure the customer requirements are clearly understood and that Quality Control mechanisms are in place that provide assurance that the asset and/or service delivers as designed/required
* Contribute to the accurate and efficient provision of progress and productivity reports weekly and monthly to senior management, in accordance with company procedures
* Provide concise and accurate feedback on project performance against estimate to the estimating function (where required)
* Seek to understand and implement the appropriate digital tool sets to support the project execution.
Who were looking for
The following experience and qualifications are required:-
* Previous engineering experience
* Up-to-date relevant knowledge of engineering and of industry best practice, appropriate to the relevant discipline, and knowledge of what 'good looks like'
* A good understanding of other engineering and construction disciplines is needed, along with a willingness to challenge 'the norm'
* A degree in a relevant engineering discipline and a relevant professional qualification, such as MICE or MIStructE, or having an ONC/HNC is desirable
* A valid CSCS card
* Focused and thorough with the appropriate skills to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress together with the tenacity and drive to ensure that the necessary action is taken
* Previous management experience within the construction or relevant support services industries, together with a strong understanding of technical issues and trends in the relevant sectors, including specialist markets is required
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure, and a customer centric, flexible approach
* A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on engineering excellence, the customer and the business
* An understanding of BIM and how to read and assemble BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them is desirable.
Interested? Please send your CV or call 0161 707 1516