£35000 - £40000 per annum
Vital Glasgow Construction
3 months ago
Vital Resources are working with a well-established and busy civil engineering contractor in the heart of Scotland to assist them in appointing a new Site Engineer/ Section Engineer
Your main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour.
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works
- Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Ensure reasonable survey book standards and daily diaries are maintained by engineers.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
- Prepare 4 weekly programmes in conjunction with the section foreman, coordinated with overall site programme and ensure necessary resources available with sub agent / agent.
- Monitor 4 weekly programme, mark up progress for review at the weekly review meeting.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
To be considered for this position applicant must have:
- Successful experience at Site Engineer level
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Contract requirements relevant to current construction contract.
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Degree in civil engineering or equivilent
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
For more information, or to apply, please email or call 01698 573 850