Up to £9.31 per hour
3 months ago
Secretary/Administrator; based in Barrow-in-Furness; 3 month contract; £9.31 PAYE per hour
We are looking to recruit a Secretary/Administrator to work for a large manufacturing company based in Barrow-in-Furness.
Duties will involve;
- Diary management
- Ensure the stationary is maintained within the department
- Management of the training records
- Managing expense claims
- Management of the admin for specific activities in the department (e.g. Safe Certificates, Payroll pickup and distribution, booking hotel accommodation and car hire for department staff)
- Undertake a department logging and, if required, archiving of documents
- Calendar maintenance together with minute/action taking ensuring appropriate time management to allow for adequate meeting preparation.
- General Secretarial/Administration tasks to support the smooth running of the office.
- Efficient administration of internal and external correspondence.
- Collate information from various sources to proactively produce periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Arranging and co-ordinating travel requirements and associated costs using the Company systems.
- Production of presentation material to meet internal/external customer requirements.
- Administration and maintenance of documents/data to ensure swift and accurate traceability.
- Maintain a proactive response to enquiries and exchanging of information.
- Ensure query resolution is dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in maintaining a cost effective office environment.
- A clear understanding of the Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) Management System and documentation (eg Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessments) and proactively facilitate any health and safety actions in support of the office environment.
- A clear understanding of the Quality Management System (QMS) Process Library (eg Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards) ensuring that all quality standards are met
The successful candidate will have a good standard of general education (minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade A - C including Maths and English) or equivalent. You will have achieved or be working towards European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) Extra Level 2 or the equivalent in Microsoft packages.
We are looking for an organised individual who is reliable and always keen to help, whilst paying particular attention to detail, with the ability to work as part of a team. An apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 (National Vocational Qualification (NVQ)) or equivalent would be an advantage. You will ensure and maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times. Previous experience working within a busy administrative role is preferable but not essential as training will be provided.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.