Up to £12.29 per hour
about 1 month ago
Secretary; based in Barrow-in-Furness; 6 month contract; £12.29 PAYE per hour
A Secretary is required to work for a large manufacturing company based in Barrow-in-Furness. The role is working in an Alliance office and involves diary management etc. for the Alliance Programme Director
Duties may include:
- Undertake a range of activities to provide comprehensive secretarial support to senior management and their teams, assist in the efficiency of the office and be the point of contact in support of the Business Administration
- Provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Senior Managers and management teams as appropriate.
- Calendar management together with minute/action taking ensuring appropriate time management to allow for adequate meeting preparation.
- Efficient prioritisation and administration of internal and external correspondence and re-direct as appropriate.
- Collate information from various sources to proactively produce periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Responsibility of production and delivery of material to meet internal/external customer requirements.
- Administration and maintenance of documents/data to ensure swift and accurate traceability, together with the use of all relevant departmental systems.
- General secretarial/administration tasks to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Be the main point of contact for the office including co-ordinating and maintaining a proactive response to enquiries and the exchanging of information.
- Resolve and prioritise queries in timely and professional manner.
- Provide advice and support to other team members to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the office.
- Support the capability of Business Administration by providing mentoring and induction for new starts within the job family.
- Demonstrate a cost-effective approach to office management, providing cost challenge where appropriate and highlight areas of concerns
Previous experience working within a busy administrative/secretarial role is preferable. You will be able to prioritise tasks. You will be a highly efficient and motivated individual who is able to act on their own initiative, whilst paying particular attention to detail, with the ability to work as part of a team. you will ensure and maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times.
Shorthand/speed writing would be an advantage
A good standard of general education is required (minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grades A-C, including English and Maths or equivalent).Achievement of/working towards European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) Advanced level 3 or equivalent in Microsoft packages. Apprenticeship in Business Administration level 3 (National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) ) or equivalent.
Level 2 keyboard skills would be an advantage.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.