Up to £12.29 per hour
5 months ago
Job Title: Secretarial Administrator
Duration: 6 Months
Hours: 37 per week
Pay: £15.22 LTD/ph or £12.29 PAYE/ph
Working for our client in Barrow, this role will be responsible for undertaking a range of activities to provide comprehensive secretarial support to senior management and their teams, assisting in the efficiency of the office and be the point of contact in support of the Business Administration Job Family.
- Calendar management together with minute/action taking ensuring appropriate time management to allow for adequate meeting preparation.
- Efficient prioritisation and administration of internal and external correspondence and re-direct as appropriate.
- Collate information from various sources to proactively produce periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Administration and maintenance of documents/data to ensure swift and accurate traceability, together with the use of all relevant departmental systems.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a proactive response to enquiries and the exchanging of information.
- Resolve and prioritise queries in a timely and professional manner.
- May be required to undertake an Office Supervisory role.
- May provide holiday cover for Personal Assistant (PA).
- Support the capability of Business Administration by providing mentoring and induction for new starts within the job family.
- Demonstrate a cost effective approach to office management, providing cost challenge where appropriate and highlight areas of concerns.
- Utilise the Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) Management System and documentation (eg Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessment) and proactively facilitate any health and safety actions in support of the office environment.
Skills and Experience required
- Previous experience working within a busy administrative role is preferable.
- A good standard of general education (minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade A - C including Maths and English desirable).
- Achievement of/working towards European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) Advanced Level 3 or equivalent in Microsoft packages.
- Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 3 (National Vocational Qualification (NVQ)) or equivalent.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times.
- Level 2 keyboard skills would be an advantage.
- Prioritise tasks, a highly efficient and motivated individual able to act on their own initiative, whilst paying particular attention to detail, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Shorthand/Speed Writing would be an advantage.
Morson International are acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy