Up to £9.78 per hour
6 months ago
We are looking to recruit a Secretarial Administrator to work for BAE Systems, Barrow-in-Furness to undertake a range of activities to provide secretarial support to senior management, their teams and assist in the efficiency of the office.
Duties will involve;
- Calendar maintenance together with minute/action taking ensuring appropriate time management to allow for adequate meeting preparation.
- General Secretarial/Administration tasks to support the smooth running of the office.
- Efficient administration of internal and external correspondence.
- Collate information from various sources to proactively produce periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Arrange and co-ordinate travel requirements and associated costs using the Company systems.
- Produce presentation material to meet internal/external customer requirements.
- Administration and maintenance of documents/data to ensure swift and accurate traceability.
- Maintain a proactive response to enquiries and exchanging of information.
- Ensure query resolution is dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in maintaining a cost effective office environment.
- Ensure a clear understanding of the Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) Management System and documentation (eg Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessments) and proactively facilitate any health and safety actions in support of the office environment.
- Ensure a clear understanding of the Quality Management System (QMS) Process Library (e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards) ensuring that all quality standards are met.
The successful candidate will have a good standard of general education (minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade A - C including Maths and English desirable). Achievement of/working towards European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) Extra Level 2 or the equivalent in Microsoft packages.
You will be an organised individual who is reliable and always keen to help, whilst paying particular attention to detail, with the ability to work as part of a team.
You will hold an apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 (National Vocational Qualification (NVQ)) or equivalent and be able to ensure and maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times. Level 2 keyboard skills would be an advantage. Previous experience working within a busy administrative role is preferable but not essential as training will be provided.
Please be advised - Various shifts & 7 day working arrangements may apply. this may include Nightshift or Backshift or any other shift pattern that the business requires.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Administration; filing; e-filing; GDPR; secretarial; data entry; data input; Excel; Word; Outlook; Access; MS Office; booking system; business support; database management; diary management; minute taking; document control