Manchester, Greater Manchester
£9.00 - £10 per hour
19 days ago
Temporary Contract - Negotiable salary
Due to continual growth of Morson Screening, we are looking to expand and are actively looking for Screening administrators to join our fantastic team. The purpose of this role is to provide background screening/security vetting services for our customers and/or supply chain partners.
Key Responsibilities -
- Handle the full life cycle of the vetting process in accordance with regulatory and contractual requirements, within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
- Administration of security documentation including referencing, eligibility to work checks and client specific on-boarding requests, such as criminal record declarations, confidentiality agreements and financial checks.
- Ensure details provided (and supporting documents), fully meet the Basic Personal Security Standard, regulating body or contractual enhancement as agreed.
- Advise and guide candidates on vetting matters and respond to queries raised in a timely manner.
- Ensure paper and electronic records are fully maintained and auditable.
- Undertake additional vetting related tasks as and when requested.
- Process data in line with data protection requirements (GDPR)
- Experience working in a HR, background screening or customer service environment
- Experience of working as part of a team
- The ability to provide a high level of customer service, ensuring candidates (or customers) are supported throughout a process or journey
- The ability to multi task and handle multiple cases/customers simultaneously
- Support candidates/ customers remotely, over the phone or internet
- Ability to provide reports based on management information
- Experience of processing criminal record checks for candidates based within the UK (DBS or Disclosure Scotland)
Morson Group is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion