Livingston, West Lothian
£20000 - £23000 per annum
11 months ago
Scientist required for a role with a leading company.
This role reports to the Senior Team Leader and will primarily be responsible for conducting analytical activities, stability studies, validation and transfer methods. The role will be responsible for providing technical expertise at both a theoretical and practical level. The ideal candidate will therefore have a pharmaceutical analysis background and have gained experience within a cGMP, FDA and MHRA regulated environment.
To conduct analysis, stability studies, validation and transfer of methods
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Plan, implement, conduct and document stability studies
2. Conduct analysis to support stability studies
3. Analyse and report data accurately in a clear and concise manner
4. Perform method development and validation
5. Compilation of customer/client reports
6. Conduct data and write-up checking of reports generated by other laboratory personnel
Specific Job Skills:
* A science degree in a relevant scientific discipline
* Proven ability to work to key regulatory and compliance requirements
* Skilled in analytical techniques eg HPLC, Dissolution and Gas Chromatography
* Able to communicate well via written media with specific emphasis on report writing.
* Able to work with minimal supervision.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, internet and e-mail
Literacy and Numeracy: Must be a very competent in writing reports both for internal use and for customers/clients. Must be competent in interpreting data.