Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Up to £38000.00 per annum + Tax Free
7 months ago
Our client is the UK Government's nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Naval Forces ships and train RSNF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their ships and equipment.
The post holder will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of Academic Science training of students at the Technical Institute of Naval Studies (TINS). This includes classroom delivery, placement and progress testing/ marking, materials selection, preparation and development, syllabus development, implementation of courses and record keeping.
The post holder will co-ordinate with his Senior Academic Science Training Instructor (SASTI) concerning all aspects of course administration and implementation.
- Selecting and developing appropriate course material to match students' abilities and requirements,
- Independently delivering training courses and carrying out the associated administration,
- Providing continuous assessment of students' learning progress,
- Documenting work as necessary, for example attendance reports, progress reports, lesson plans, and schemes of work,
- Preparing students for appropriate external Academic Science qualifications,
- Developing learning materials to improve the required Academic Science knowledge and skills,
- Ensuring that all reports are completed and submitted to the SASTI in a timely manner.
- The post holder will be expected to operate to a standard of absolute integrity and professionalism.
- Be a graduate of an advanced military trade school or industrial equivalent.
- Have extensive practical experience in the field of Academic Science
- Have successfully completed a military defence Train the Trainer or UKG approved instructional techniques course (RQF Level3), or Saudi equivalent.
- Have at least one year's recent (within last 5 years) instructional experience.
- Be qualified to teach City and Guilds (C&G) 2850-82 or 54 Level 2 Diploma in Engineering - Electrical and Electronics Technology, including Units 201, 202 & 222.
- Be C&G training Assessment & Quality Assurance (TAQA) qualified for C&G 2850-82 or 54.
- Be a good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be fluent in English (minimum IELTS 5.0 for a Saudi post holder, achieved within the last two years).
- Demonstrate high levels of cultural sensitivity.
- Have knowledge and experience of different teaching methodologies and associated techniques.
- Have knowledge and experience of developing materials.
- Have experience of using interactive media, including e-content, for teaching.
- Have experience of delivering training to a military customer, or a customer in a regulated environment.
Expatriate Employee Benefits:
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.