Birmingham, West Midlands
£325 - £410 per day
Rail Technical Team
19 days ago
Title/Role: Scheme Sponsor
Location: To be based in Birmingham
Pay Rate: £325 - £410
Duration: 6 months
To support the development of Network Rail strategy for new High-Speed routes including the integration of HS2 with the national rail network. To support the project sponsorship and programme management, of High Speed 2, which successfully delivers all schemes through the project life cycle.
- Work as part of the sponsor team to support the development and implementation of specific schemes and work streams as directed by the project sponsor. Demonstrate the right behaviours to successfully build lasting and collaborative relationships including confidentiality.
- Support the interests of the client, customer or stakeholder where appropriate within Network Rail.
- Prepare remits working with the client, customer, and stakeholder requirements to test the viability of proposed schemes taking in to account value for money, network availability and capacity for future development and whole life cost and disseminate lessons learnt.
- Prepare investment papers for small / medium sized schemes and support the business case process.
- Prepare and monitor progress on the initial project plan and budget; working with the project sponsor and project manager to specify how the project will be delivered, expected milestones and associated timescales, risks and issues. Effectively manage change through the formal control process
- Communicate and report project progress status to the sponsor, client, customer and stakeholders against defined and agreed milestones.
- Participate in negotiations with customers and stakeholders on commercial and contractual terms in accordance with relevant corporate policy and strategy.
- Comply with the requirements of corporate investment regulations, other corporate governance and the GRIP process. Adhere to corporate processes, including those related to finance, legal and corporate affairs, safety and CDM.
- Manage your direct reports to achieve business and functional objectives and meet agreed performance measures. Proactively contribute to the development, engagement, safety and welfare of yourself and your team.
- Proven experience in project management and sponsorship
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Some understanding of commercial and financial awareness
- Intermediate Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to HNC/HND or degree level or similar standard
- Membership of a professional body (or working towards)
- Knowledge / understanding of the railway industry
- Advanced PowerPoint skills